Chapter 18

3rd Pov

Anuradha woke up to find Shiv cuddling her. His hand still protectively wrapped around her waist. She smiled looking at his face and then went to bathroom to freshen up. After getting ready, she went to kitchen to find Pooja already making tea. She smiled at Anuradha too sweetly.

"Aree mein karleti. Tum itni jaldi kyu uthi?" Anuradha asked.
(Aree I'll do it. Why did you wake up so early?)

"Wo bas Mera Mann tha aur neend bhi nhi aa rhi thi mujhe"
(I just thought of doing it and I wasn't able to sleep)

"Accha ab tum jake baith jao. Mei aage ka kaam Sambhal lungi"
(Ok now you go, sit. I'll do the remaining)

"Aree nhi nhi. Mein apki madad kardeti hu"
(No no. I want to help you)

"Iski koi zaroorat nhi hai Pooja. Tum mehman ho humari"
(No need Pooja. You are our guest)

"Mein karlungi didi" Pooja said. Sighing Anuradha let her help her in the kitchen. Her in laws woke and she poured tea in cups.
(I'll do it)

"Didi mein de aati hoon" Pooja said taking the tray from her. She went outside and served tea to them. Only elders were awake right now.
(I'll give it)

"Aree Pooja tum kya kar rhi ho? Anuradha kidhar hai?" Ma ji asked her.
(Aree Pooja what are you doing? Where is Anuradha?)

"Wo didi thoda late hogyi thi toh mene banadi chai" she lied smoothly.
(She was late so I made the tea)

"Iss ladki mein zara bhi akal nhi hai. Mehman aaye huye hai aur isse maze se sona hai" Dadi Ma said getting angry.
(That girl is so stupid. Guests are here and she is sleeping peacefully)

"Anuradha oh Anuradha" she shouted and Anuradha came out of the kitchen.

"Ji Dadi Ma?" She asked.

"Tu aaj dheri se uthi?"
(Did you wake up late?)

"Nhi Mein toh samay se uthi thi"
(No , I woke up on time)

"Toh hume Pooja kyu Chai banake de rhi hai?" she questioned
(Then why is Pooja serving us the tea?)

"Wo iska maa-"
(She said-)

"Chorde na Dadi Ma" Pooja interrupted.
(Leave it na gradma)

"Humare zamane mei toh mehman se ek glass bhi nhi utwaya jata tha. Aur isse dekho" Dadi Ma said taunting her.
(In our times guests were treated so nicely. And now look at this)

"Bahu tu jake kaam kar" Ma ji said so Anuradha returned to kitchen.
(Anuradha you go and work)

Dadi Ma liked Anuradha but for her, the rules of society were important. She strongly believed in them.

After sometime Ma ji came inside the kitchen. She tapped on Anuradha's shoulder and said "Kya zaroorat thi tujhe usse Chai bijwane ki. Agar usne bana bhi di thi toh khud Dene aajati. Tujhe pata toh hai teri Dadi Ma kaisi hai"
(What was the need to send her with the tea? Even if she made it, you should have come to give it to us. You know how your grandma is)

"Ma ji usne hi zid ki thi. Meri baat hi nhi sunni"
(Mom she insisted. I wasn't listening to me)

"Chord isse. Aage se khayal rakhna Aur ja Shiv ko utha de ab" Ma ji said and left.
(Leave it. Take care of it from now and go wake Shiv up)