Chapter 11

Anuradha

I woke up with a sticky feeling between my thighs and entered my washroom to get fresh. I was feeling pain in that region but moved forward with the day. For next few days, my husband didn't leave a chance to get me alone for a second and honestly I loved the feeling of him near me.

"Sunn aaj dopahar mei mere dost aayege khane par. Dhang se rehna. Pallu tera humesha sar par rehna chahiye" my husband said to me before leaving.
(Listen today my friend will come in the afternoon. Be good)

I did all the work and started cutting vegetables. Making the dishes, I heard people entering our house. I had prepared everything on time and went out to serve them tea after adjusting my pallu.

"Namaste bhabhi" his friends said upon seeing me.

"Namaste" I said after serving the tea and left.

After collecting the empty cups of Chai from them, I served them food. I could feel the gaze of Raj,one of his friends on me but ignored it and left.

After some time while I was still in the kitchen, Raj entered the kitchen.

"Aree bhaiya aapko kuch chahiye tha kya? I asked him.
(Did you need anything?)

"Bhabhi khana kaafi accha tha" he said
(Food was very tasty)

I smiled at his compliment even though I felt weird at his presence.

"Aap thak gyi hogi na kaam kar kar ke" he said moving towards me.
(You must be tired)

"Nhi mei theek hu"
(No, I am alright)

He walked brushing past me "wo paani" and took the water. I was facing against him and felt a tug at my pallu. I touched my head realizing my pallu has fallen down. I tried to keep it back to his place but Raj held my hand.
(Umm water)

"Aap kaafi khoobsurat hai" he said and I jerked my hand away from him not liking his touch.
(You are very beautiful)

"Kya ho raha hai!" My husband nearly shouted. I adjusted my pallu and slightly moved towards him.
(What is happening?)

"Kya kar raha hai tu yaha?" He asked Raj in a dangerously calm tone.
(What are you doing here?)

"Paani pi raha tha yaar" Raj answered nervously.
(I was drinking water)

"Pi lia na paani ab ja bahar" he said and Raj hurriedly walked out.
(If you are done then go outside)

After he went away, my husband came towards me and held my hand tightly.

"Kya kar rhi thi tu? Tera pallu kyu utara hua tha tere saar se?"
(What were you doing? How did your pallu fall down from your head?)

"Ji woh galti se"
(By mistake)

"Ek cheez nhi sambhali jati tujhse. Mene bola tha tujhse dhang se rahio. Baad mein dekta hu tujhe" he said and left my hand with a jerk. His fingerprint were around my wrist and I was afraid of him.
(You can't take care of one thing. I told you to be good. I'll talk to you later)

In the night, he had his dinner and went out, not even looking at me.

"Bahu la mere Phair daba de" Ma ji said and I went to her room after doing all the work. After thirty minutes, when she dozed off, I finally went to my room  and found my husband sitting on sofa. I could see his blood shot eyes filled with rage.
(Anuradha press my legs)

"Darwaza band kar" he said and I did it.
(Close the door)