Chap_17. An Excuse

Author's POV

Aman spoke up, "Khushi, please listen to me for once. I didn't"

Khushi spoke up all sternly, "You didn't what, Aman? Haan, what? I know, Arnav wasn't lying. You promised me, Aman but still you"

Aman spoke up keeping his head down, "You tell me what would I have done? Riya is leaving this country. I love her, Khushi. I couldn't help trying for the last time."

Seeing his condition, Khushi's anger melted and she got uttering sadly, "It wasn't your fault, Aman. It was her decision to leave you. She doesn't deserve your love. Be strong and move on. I am with you, Aman the way you were there supporting me when I was all broken. Don't let her hurt you again."

Aman spoke up smiling a little at her, "This time I will Khushi. I just didn't want to regret thinking maybe she would have changed only if I had tried a little more. I gave my all but still, she left me. So, I will move on now."

Khushi also smiled at him and spoke up, "That's like my friend."

Aman spoke up again, “Okay now. Let's go. It has been long I didn't visit uncle and aunt.”

Khushi also spoke up, “That’s true. Let's go.”

They happily left from there and forwarded towards Khushi's place.

In Akash's Cabin

When Arnav was about to leave Akash spoke up, “Why are you doing this, Arnav? You are no longer in that dare. You already won it, remember?
Why are you caring for Khushi now? The Arnav I knew never cared for a girl.”

Arnav turned to Akash but didn't utter anything like he didn't get to figure out what to answer.

Akash spoke up again, “Arnav, some wounds are better left untouched. Don't keep doing this please.”

Without uttering anything, Arnav left from there. When he made his way towards his car, he saw Khushi happily hopping in the car with Aman and going away.

He kept staring at me the receding figure of the car until it got out of his sight.

Then he hopped in his car and drove away towards his place. The only thing he wasn't being able to digest that Aman was still with Khushi who was cheating on her.

How could Khushi still believe him!
Akash who was his best friend didn't believe him.

This was getting on his nerves. Some moments kept flashing in his mind. At some point, he stopped the car with a jerk.

One thing got set in his mind. The cheat, that guy Aman can't be with Khushi.

He would make sure of that at any cost.

Arnav thought of visiting Akash's place to talk to his parents though he exactly didn't know what he was going to talk about.

But one thing he wanted to know how Khushi ended up there.

Arriving there, he got out of his car and forwarded to the entrance.

As it was office time, he didn't expect Khushi and Akash to be at home. But to his surprise, Akash wasn't there but Khushi.

She was all busy decorating the hall room with some event managing people. To his irritation, Aman was also there helping them.

Akash's Dad was in the living room. When he caught the sight of Arnav, he uttered all smilingly, “Arnav! Come, son. Long time no see. How are you dear?”

Hearing the name, Khushi turned to her Dad and then followed his gaze only to find Arnav standing there.

Getting all confused, she also got near them and got uttering, “What are you doing here?”