Chap_28. In the Same Hotel

Khushi's POV

Thankfully, the cut on Arnav's arm didn’t demand stitches. After dressing, a prescription was given and we were good to go.

Just when we were about to get up, Arnav spoke up, "Don't you need some anti-anxiety medicine?"

"Are you hurt as well?" The doctor asked me.

"No. I am fine." I replied knitting my brows.

"I am sure you also were pretty much scared and shocked." Arnav answered for me.

The doctor nodded and spoke up, "Okay, I am prescribing some medicine for you as well then."

"Thank you." Arnav replied before I could say otherwise.

Taking leave from the doctor, we exited the hospital silently. Seeing Arnav going to take the driving seat, I spoke up, "I will drive."

"It's okay. I am fine now." Arnav said with a little bit of smile.

"Okay, then. Drive to the hotel." Saying, I started walking towards the road.

"Aren't you coming with me?" Arnav's words stopped me. Without turning to him, I spoke up, "No. I am taking a taxi."

These words were barely out of my throat and Arnav spoke up, "Well, I think I am not good enough to drive now. You should take me to the hotel."

Scoffing, I turned to Arnav and he pleaded, "Please."

Sighing, I walked back and took the driving seat as Arnav settled on the passenger seat.

Seeing a pharmacy, I stopped the car and Arnav spoke up, "What happened?"

"Wait a moment." I said and took the prescription as I walked to the pharmacy.

As I was about to leave the pharmacy taking the medicines, Arnav was just behind me. Seeing him, I knitted my brows.

As if seeing the question on my face, he volunteered, "You forgot your prescription."

He held up the paper for a moment before he handed it to the pharmacist.

Taking the medicines, he handed them to me and we walked back to the car in silence. Breaking the silence, my phone rang off startling me. I took out the phone only to find Akash's name flashing on the screen.

I stared at the screen for some time before shoving it into my purse again.

"Aren’t you going to answer the call?" Arnav asked. I shrugged off the question and entered the car. After settling in the passenger seat, Arnav spoke up, "Khushi, please don't do this to Akash. It's all my fault. He didn’t_"

"Not now, Arnav. I don't want to talk on this topic now." I said and revved the engine. Arnav didn’t say anything after that as we reached the hotel.

At the lobby, as we were about to part our ways, Arnav spoke up, "Your medicine."

I turned to him and he handed me a packet and the prescription. Without uttering anything, I took those and made my way to my room.

Keeping everything on the table, I walked to the washroom. I really needed a warm shower. Thinking what could have happened today if Arnav didn’t show up, I felt terrible, disgusted even.

I wanted to thank Arnav but I didn’t, more like I couldn’t.

Even after the long warm shower, the thought still lingered in my mind. I thought of getting some fresh air and rooftop seemed to be a good place to go now.

Though being alone at this late of night somewhat frightened me given the situation of today, I tried to brace myself thinking it was a renowned hotel afterall with tight security. So, nothing unexpected shouldn’t happen here.