Chap_16. Two-timing

Author's POV

Arnav was getting all pissed off since the time he got to know Khushi had a boyfriend. It didn’t sit well with him.

While passing by a park, his car got stuck in a jam. That's when he saw it. Khushi’s boyfriend, that boy was on his knees in front of another girl.

The words of that guy started coming clearly to his hearing.

“Riya, please don’t do this to me. I love you. You can't leave me like this.” as he kept pleading like this, the girl just kept staring at him with a blank face and at last got uttering, “You know what? I don’t love you anymore. Everything is over and now there is nothing between us.”

Hearing him, Arnav got utterly shocked. He couldn’t believe he was the same guy who was with Khushi and behaving like all lovey-dovey.

Seeing all that, he became angry on that guy like no more. Uttering under his breath, “How could someone be like this! No, I can’t let him play with the emotions of Khushi. She needs to know his true nature.”, he thought of telling Khushi all this.

But the thought came to his mind the very second moment, "Khushi will be hurt knowing she again loved a wrong person.”

This was making him remember the time when he was playing with Khushi's emotions and at last left her all hurt which made him feel guilty.

He kept sitting being lost in his thought for a while only to get interrupted with the horns of vehicles. The jam got cleared.

He looked out of the window but that guy and the girl wasn't there anymore.

He parked the car by the road side and got into the park. He kept thinking for a while about what to do.

After spending couple of hours there, he forwarded towards his place after making his decision.

He was going to tell Khushi about it. Even though it would hurt her for sure, she should know the truth.

☘☘☘

The next day after office time when Khushi got outside of the office building, Arnav was already there waiting for her.

Khushi was all tired from working but when she caught the glance of Arnav, the tiredness got disappearing at once and annoyance got all over her face.

She tried to get passed by Arnav without uttering anything but he came in front of her immediately as he uttered, “I have something to talk to you.”

Uttering, “Except business talk which I don't do on the road, I have nothing to talk to you or hear as well.”, Khushi tried to take steps ahead but Arnav spoke up, “Don’t try to leave when I am talking.”

“And who do you think you are that I would listen to you?”

Without bothering Khushi's words, Arnav spoke up, “Khushi, that guy isn’t right for you. He is two timing with you. I have seen him with some other girl. Believe me, I am not lying.”

Khushi got silent for a moment hearing him getting shocked but then spoke up, “Why do you care! And anyways he doesn't play truth and dare. That much is enough for me.”

Before Arnav could utter anything else, Aman got there. Seeing him, Arnav got uttering, “Hey, you. What are you doing here? Why are you doing this to Khushi? Why are you playing with her emotions?”

This made Aman angry. He was about to say something but Arnav got uttering again, “Did the girl you were with yesterday leave you that you are here again?” and Aman got shocked.

He tried to defend himself, “Khushi, I was just” but couldn't complete as he found Khushi glaring at him.

Aman got his head down and seeing that, Khushi started walking towards Aman still glaring at him.

Arnav got uttering again, “See, I told you. He was two timing with you. You shouldn't”

The words of Arnav got stuck in his throat when he found Khushi holding Aman's arm as she got uttering, “Mind your own business, Arnav.” and left from there pulling him along with her.

Arnav stood still there bewildered. He thought Khushi would be heartbroken and would yell at that guy but whatever just happened got him all confused.

“No, I can't let Khushi be with someone like him.” with this thought, he forwarded towards the office building with the intention of talking to Akash.

Akash was working on a file when he entered his cabin. Akash gave him a questioning look and Arnav got uttering, “I want to talk to you.”

Akash got uttering, “Now what, Arnav? We already signed the contract with you.”

Shrugging off that, Arnav got uttering, “Do you know Khushi has a boyfriend?” only to get Akash confused as he spoke up, “What are you talking about?”

Seeing him like that, Arnav got uttering, “Don’t you know the guy she went on a date with yesterday? You were right there.”

Without answering him, Akash kept staring at Arnav confusedly only to get him utter, “He is two timing with Khushi, Akash. He is not a good guy. Make Khushi understand. Don't just claim to be her brother but be a real one.”

This triggered anger on Akash and he went on blurting out, “Aman is a way good guy than you can imagine. And you don't have to make me understand my duties of being her brother. I think I know it pretty well now.”

Arnav got silent at that for some moments and then again uttered but softly, “I am not lying, Akash. He is not a good guy for Khushi. I saw him with another girl.”

On the other side

Getting at a distance from Arnav, Khushi let go of Aman's arm and forwarded to leave as she got uttering, “I didn't expect this from you, Aman. You also proved me wrong.”

But Aman got in front of her getting Khushi giving him a deadly glare. But without bothering that Aman tried to defend himself. If anything, it only got Khushi angrier than before....