Chap_9. Wish List

Arnav's POV

While waiting for a message or a call from Khushi, I fell asleep quite late at night and eventually got late to wake up.

The first thing I did waking up in the morning was checking my phone but to my disappointment, there was nothing.

Is everything okay!
I wondered.

Except for academic things, we never talked about anything else. I knew nothing about Khushi actually.

Suddenly I got curious about her family. Who is there in her family?
Dad, Mom?

As soon as the word 'Mom' came to my mind, the worst scenario of my life started flashing in front of my eyes. My mood was sour already.

I took a long cold shower to calm my anger. Then I got downstairs. Dad wasn't home. He was out of town for a business meeting. If he was home, he would have awakened me up earlier.

I didn't feel like eating. Finding nothing else to do, I got ready and headed for college. When I entered college, Mack called me.

He was asking me to explain something to him. I told him to wait for me at the library and made my way to the cafe to take my black coffee.

For some reason I was having a headache. Entering the cafe, I saw Khushi there. She was with the girls, I wanted to talk the least.

But seeing her, I felt somewhat relieved as she was okay.

I checked the time in my wrist watch whether it was her class time.

What is she doing here let alone attending her classes!

Uttering this under my breath, I got near her only to stop seeing her shedding tears.

The evil smirk on Laya's face didn't go unnoticed by me. But when she uttered, "And go, see your face in the mirror. You are no match in front of my beauty. How dare you roam around my Arnav, my property, you slut?" while glaring at Khushi, it triggered my anger.

I got near them only to get them quiet. Khushi kept her head down but tears were rolling down her cheeks.

Glaring at Laya, I spoke up, " You call yourself a beauty! Oh please, I can wipe almost 99% of your beauty with a wet tissue. So don't flatter yourself. The only fan you have is on the ceiling.

By the way are you comfortable with this face? Fake hairs, fake nails, face full of halloween make up and a fake smile.

Like me or hate me, either way I will just hate you."

I stopped for a moment and then pointing at Khushi, I again spoke up, "And about Khushi, she is all natural. And that's what I like the most about her."

Laya's face turned all dark and holding Khushi's hand, I got her outside.

Her head was still down. I uttered her name while shaking her hand, "Khushi?" but got no response.

Something was off with her. I could easily feel that. I tried to talk to her but failed. Generally what I did whenever I got upset, I thought of doing the same and asked her, "Would you mind to go with me somewhere?"

She looked at me this time but didn't utter anything.

Giving it a thought, I walked towards my car holding her hand.

My headache was long forgotten so was the matter of explaining sonething to Mack.

Khushi's POV

I didn't know whether I did any bad to that girl but she started bad mouthing me. And when she uttered, "Why have you come here in the middle of the term?", I tried to utter, "Actually my parents" but she didn't let me complete it rather she did it making a disgusted face.