Chap_26. Another Surprise

Author's POV

"It wasn't easy Arnav" as these words got out of Khushi's throat in the coldest way possible as she moved her hand from his shoulder, Arnav spoke up, "I didn't mean that. And I said sorry because I just got you hurt now." as he looked at her leg.

Khushi faked a chuckle, "It was nothing in comparison of what you did earlier."

Arnav just got his head down hearing her.

Khushi voiced out again bitterly, "Leave, Arnav. It's getting too much now." as she forwarded towards the entrance of the hotel.

Khushi's P.O.V.

What did he think of me?
He played with my emotions when I was already disturbed by my parents' death, my new place, Akash's behaviour towards me.

I was already at my dead end and he just got playing with me.

He could have said it that day.
He could have just said he was sorry for all this. Then given my situation, I would have forgiven him back then.

That day I confessed my feelings without caring the warning voice of my inner self.
But what did he do?

He gave me the reason why I shouldn't have done that.

He went on defining me.

Classless, worthless..

Not only he said that but he made me feel that also that I never felt in my life.

And now he got back again with that word 'sorry'.

Ridiculous.

He might be thinking I would forget everything hearing him saying sorry. But I am gonna prove him he is so wrong.

I got back to my room and fell on my bed. Shutting all disturbing thoughts, I forced myself to sleep with pills which I used to take whenever I couldn't handle it anymore.

The next morning when I woke up it was already six. I took a quick shower and got ready for office. I checked my phone and found several missed calls of Mom, Dad and Akash.

I called back to Mom and Dad and talked to them on my way to office but skipped Akash. I wasn't ready to talk to him yet. I didn't have the answer against his sorry yet what he would say for sure. I couldn't just say it's okay.

In the office a surprise was waiting for me. Another product was supposed to get into the list of our promotion campaign. And out of all of the company, I found it to be a product of Greystone groups.

I found Arnav sitting in the meeting room already. My mood automatically got ruined.

I tried to focus on my work without bothering about anything else. I could feel his gaze on me. Though it was just pissing me off but when he didn't approached me, I felt somewhat relieved.

I didn't want him to create a scene here and give people something to gossip about us tomorrow.

Completing my work as soon as possible, I left the office as I had to attend Hina's reception.

Arriving at the hotel, I took a long shower and then got some rest. When I thought of getting ready, my phone started ringing. It was Akash.

I was confused about what to do. I was angry on him but at the same time, I was worried that he might be sad. All these years he was there with me to help me to overcome the grief that he himself took part to create for me.

I was still in dilemma what to do but the call got cut giving my thought a conclusion.

Leaving the thought behind, I focused on choosing a dress for the reception.

I chose a nice, soft, short-sleeved midi dress and got changed into it. The watermelon red dress was not too tight nor too loose on my body, but fitting perfectly on me.

Moving my hands against the fabric to straighten it, I ambled towards the dresser and saw my reflection in the mirror. I adjusted and tied the same colored belt around my waist and started doing my makeup.

Though it was a fancy occasion, I preferred to stay simple and natural like always. So I didn't go for any other colour after nude shades, but just those colours which were suitable for everyday make up.

I kept it too light that it probably wouldn't be even noticed, but it gave me a fresh and bright face. I brushed my hair, settling my front locks through few bobby pins. I framed my face through them and tried to make them look as natural as possible.

Once I was done, I looked myself in the mirror for the final look. I was looking fine but still I felt something was missing.

Thinking of that I took out a pair of small, dangling earrings. The artificial, silver solitaire at the end of the pair was twinkling, enhancing their elegance. I wore them along with a dainty bracelet on my wrist.

Once I was done, I forwarded towards the venue where the reception function was supposed to happen.

Entering the venue, I found Hina was on the stage with Aaron. They were looking all happy. Seeing their smiling face, a smile crept on my lips also.

I got on the stage and congratulated them both. In between she asked me what happened to me yesterday but I just shrugged off that. I stayed with Hina for a while and then got down.

I was looking for Stella or my other friends when I got bumped to someone.

I turned to him as he uttered, "I am so.." I didn't let him complete his words when I saw it was Arnav.

I walked passed him uttering coldly, "Never mind."

Stella got near me then. With a smile she spoke up, "Hina is looking so happy. I am so happy for her."

"Me too." uttering this, I turned to their direction with a smile only to get it faded away as I saw Arnav with them on the stage.

Stella got uttering, "He is here again. Great."

I gave her a questioning look as she continued, "I wonder if he is single!" her eyes were still on Arnav.

Words got out of my mouth automatically, "What if he is!"

"You never know. I might get a chance." hearing her, I got quite shocked.

Seeing me like this, she spoke up, "He is too handsome to ignore."

"You never know what kind of person he is." I said looking at Arnav.

This time Stella gave me a questioning look as she uttered, "Khushi, you never went on judging people. What's the matter with you then? Do you know him?"

I just shook my head and Stella spoke up, "Look he is coming down. Let's go and talk to him."

She pulled me by my hand but I stood in my place and spoke up, "If you want, you can go, I am not going anywhere."

I thought Stella would also drop the idea but no. She went on as she uttered, "Okay."

Arnav seemed to be lost somewhere as he got all startled when Stella got in his way.

Stella uttered something to him while smiling coyly. She seemed desperate. But what got my attention was Arnav also uttered something to her smilingly.

I didn't know why but I didn't like it at all. When I found Arnav turning to my direction, I immediately looked away uttering under my breath, "Whatever happens between them, it shouldn't be my concern."

I thought of leaving as my mood was spoilt already but got interrupted as I heard, "Hey."

It wasn't Arnav but looking at them, I felt the same way annoyed as well as angry...