Chap_15. A Meeting

Author's POV

Khushi was all silent in the car with just one thought in mind. She got too absent-minded to hear Aman calling out her name several times.

Her thoughts got interrupted when Aman spoke up as he shook Khushi a little, “Khushi, what happened? Where are you lost?”

Khushi just shook her head with a little bit of a smile which got Aman frowning.

He spoke up not buying her expression, “Come on. Tell me.”

Khushi got silent finding nothing to say at first and got her head down.

Sensing something off, he asked her again, “Who was the man with you at the entrance by the way?"

Khushi looked at him this time and got uttering, “Arnav.” only to get Aman stopped the car with a jerk as he got uttering, “What? What was he doing there? No, why was he there from the beginning?”

Khushi answered all casually, “We signed a contract with his company.” only to get Aman widening his eyes in disbelief.

He got bewildered and spoke up, "Have you two gone mad or what? How could Akash agree with this?"

Khushi answered him with a tone like it was an obvious thing to do, “I made him sign the contract."

He spoke up being all frustrated, "Khushi, are you even serious?"

Khushi said in an all confident voice, "He already means nothing to me now, Aman but the contract will be good for our company. And believe me, I can handle it.”

Hearing her, Aman got uttering then, “It's not like I don't believe you, Khushi. I just don't want you to get hurt again by him.”

Khushi spoke up then, “You don't worry. Nothing is going to happen like this, Aman. Now let's go otherwise I will get late.”

Nodding at her, Aman started the car and forwarded towards their destination.

Arnav's POV

Khushi is in a relationship now. I didn't know why it kept me boiling in anger.

How could she!
It was a dare for me but she loved me.

How could she move on like there was nothing between us!

It should be the case for me but terribly it wasn't.

I got stuck there in my guilt and she!

My mind got uttering, “Now she loves someone else." Only to get me to punch on the bag harder.

At some point, I fell on the ground panting hard. My hand was bleeding but I didn't feel like cleaning it or putting on a bandage.

I got back to my room and took a long cold shower. When the anger subsided, I felt hurt.

Khushi's word, “We have a date." directly crossed my heart for some reason. Though it already late in the evening, getting ready, I forwarded towards the beach where I thought I would find peace but no.

This place was also filled with her memory. That day when I got her to the beach started playing in my mind.

Her first assumption on me turned out to be the brutal truth when she uttered, “I thought you left.”

My answer was nothing but lies when I replied, “Leaving you alone? Never.”

I left her all broken and all alone. Now I shouldn't do this.

I wondered,
“Should I terminate the contract!”

The answer from within was prompt, “No.” only to get me all silent.