Chap_27. The Reason

Khushi's P.O.V.

I was about to leave but got stopped as they got in front of me. I didn't forget anyone who was involved in that dare and so I immediately recognized them.

Mack and Rivan.

Besides they were also there in front of the hospital and from them I got to know the truth actually behind that dare.

I was annoyed and was about to take steps forward but Mack got in front of me, "We need to talk."

"I don't think so." Was my direct answer but without bothering that Rivan spoke up, "Please. We will be quick."

Giving them a last glance, I left the venue and as expected they followed me. Being totally irritated at that, I turned to them and spoke up, "What's your problem actually? Can't you guys leave me alone in peace?"

"Do you think you will be seriously in peace being alone?" Mack's question got me knitted my brows.

They got silent for a moment and then Rivan spoke up, "Khushi, we know you are angry and you had all the right to be. But listen to us for once. Arnav wasn't at fault actually nor was it Akash's intentional thing. Arnav used to loathe girls for some reason unknown to us.

Girls used to roam around him but he was busy being an arrogant jerk to them. We knew Arnav was never going to talk to a girl by himself. Akash wasn't there much after that as he got busy with his personal problem and project thesis. We provoked Arnav to that point to do all those."

"So what difference is it going to make? You guys played and Arnav won. Then it's the end. Why are you bothering me? Is it bothering you guys that I have moved on forgetting your friend's so called act? That I_"

Mack didn't let me complete, "Have you really moved on? I mean I saw your face when Arnav was talking to that girl. You were jealous, right?"

As soon as Mack completed, I scoffed in annoyance. "Jealousy, my foot." Even if I was, I was never going to confess it not even to myself.

"I don't care, okay? Get back to the place where you came from and take that friend of yours with you."

I didn't stay there any longer and left the place.

Arriving at the hotel, I took a long shower. And then getting out, I sat on the recliner leaning against it. Rivan's one saying was playing on in my mind, "He just loathed girls for some unknown reason."

I knew the reason. His mother.

But that doesn't justify his work.

Without bothering to argue with myself or normally trying to get some sleep, I chose the pills. Taking two, I laid down on the bed.

Next Day at Office

At lunch break, while gossiping with some of my teammates, I entered the roadside restaurant near our office and got a table.

I was thinking about the plan of promotion when I heard one of my teammate uttering, "Look Mr. Greystone is here also."

As I was back facing towards the entrance, I didn't get to see him nor I turn back. I was already getting annoyed at the thought that he might have followed me here which I wanted the least.

He walked past our table and sat on a table right in front of ours with some other people maybe his teammates.

I looked towards him for once and then concentrated on eating the sandwiches in front of me.

When I was done, I left from there saying, "You guys continue. I have some important thing to do."

I was walking towards the office but sensing something, I looked behind. And yes, there he was following me.