Chap_18. Again on a Dare

Arnav’s POV

Hearing Akash, I couldn't get to utter anything for few moments.

Akash spoke up again, “Arnav, I am not just trying to cover up my fault rather I am trying to save her from getting hurt again. That time when Dad brought her here, I didn't accept her as my family member but now I really do. I don't want to see her sad like that time, Arnav.”

I got staring at him and then I uttered, “I don’t know what to do Akash. I am not being able to think straight.”

Akash spoke up with a sad smile, “Arnav, you have done a lot for me. I want you to be happy also. Don't let yourself stuck in that guilt. Forget all this and move on. It's the only option left for us in this situation.”

Without uttering anything, I left from there. My heart was overwhelming with the words Akash just told me.

Khushi wasn't in any type of relation.

I was not being able to get myself together since then but now I felt somewhat relieved for some reason.

I got back to my place and took a long cold shower only to calm my restless mind only to get it turning into an overwhelming one.

I remembered the happy moments of us back then only to get a smile crept on my lips.

To get all the things and life on track, I need her to be happy.

I just don't want to remain stuck there rather I want to be free from that guilt. I want to be forgiven for my deeds. I want to see her that smile again and I want her to be happy.

Not with someone else but me.
It has to be only me.

I want her to be with me only.

Being done with my shower, I got dressed and got into my room. I kept pacing around thinking what to do.

The first word that came to my mind was... Akash. 

I need his support. I have to talk to him. Then I remembered it's his birthday today for which they were decorating the hall room.

Without wasting any more time, I got ready and forwarded towards his place.

When I reached there, it was past evening. They weren't doing it grandly. Other than that guy Aman, there were some of their staffs from the office, I guess.

Khushi was all smiling but when her eyes fell on me, her expression got changed in a fraction of seconds and turned into a glaring one.

Maybe that made Aman and Akash following her gaze. Being shocked, Akash forwarded towards me as he threw a question being somewhat angry.

“Arnav! Why are you here again?”

“To wish my best friend on his birthday.” was my one straight answer.

Hearing me, he frowned. He was about to say something but got stopped as Khushi got near us with a smile and forwarded a small tray.

I looked at her being confused and then turned to the tray only to find a piece of cake.

Taking that from her hand, I kept staring at that as a word written on the cake got my attention making a smile crept on my lips.

Love...

Then I turned to Khushi who was looking at the piece of cake being shocked. When she looked up and met my eyes, she glared at me.

Then taking the fork from the side of the piece of cake, she just put it through the word 'Love', crushing it.

Then she again cast a glaring look at me for once and left to the direction where uncle Zohan and aunt Jiana was standing.

I got somewhat hurt at her doing but masking that hurt, I turned to Akash as he spoke up, “Did you see that?”

I nodded slightly at him and spoke up not giving him any chance,  “I want a second chance like you.”

Akash frowned at me and I continued, “I am sorry for blackmailing you with that. I wasn't thinking straight then. But Akash, I want to be with her. And I need your help for that.”

With my last line, he got shocked as he uttered, “What are you talking about? Are you even listening to yourself? Have you gone mad or what?”

I glanced at Khushi and spoke up, “You can say that.”

I turned to Akash who was looking at me confusedly only to get me all serious, “Don't you believe me?”

Akash just kept staring at me without uttering anything.

I got uttering again, “I am again on a dare Akash. With my life. To get it straight or completely destroyed.”

Akash uttered, “Arnav, are you even for serious?”

I knew how to clear his confusion, so I got uttering without any hesitation, “Akash, I love Khushi.” only to get him all silent.

Khushi's P.O.V.

It was Akash's birthday. We wanted to celebrate but he dismissed our all plans. For the last three years, I hadn't seen him celebrating his birthday though he celebrated my birthday.

This year I thought of doing something to surprise him.

Making an excuse of my illness, I didn't go to the office. I thought he wouldn't be back till evening as he was supposed to have an important meeting.

Aman and I started decorating the hall room as soon as Akash left for the office.

In the afternoon Arnav showed up at my place to my utter surprise.

How did he got to know about my place!
And what the hell was he doing here!

Rage filled in me.

Seeing Dad so comfortable with him, I got more confused. Leaving my thought at the break, I thought of getting done with the arrangements first.

But Akash got back cancelling his important meeting and then I got to know Arnav and Akash were best friends.

Confusions crossed my mind. If it was true, then why I didn't see them together even for once back then!

If it was true, did Akash know about that dare from earlier!
Was he in that game!

No. There was no way it would had been the case.

With this thought, I forcefully stopped myself from going further with this topic.

But again he came to ruin my mood. Mom placed a tray in my hand and told me to give that to Arnav.

Nodding at her, I forwarded to him only to get all shocked to see the word on that piece of cake.

Love..

What the!
When I saw a smile on his face, I just took the fork and crushed the word and left from there.

I wasn't getting what he was doing there. He was being over-friendly to Akash but Akash was behaving differently.

What was actually going on!

The party went on smoothly except my mind that was filled with rage.

Later at night when I didn't get to fall asleep, I got out of my room with a thought of going to the swimming pool lounge to get some fresh air.

I generally did that whenever I felt disturbed. Getting there, I sit by the pool putting my legs into the water. My mind was filled with thousands of thoughts.

The chain of my thoughts got disturbed when I felt a presence beside me.

I knew who was it. Without bothering to turn back, I asked him, “Did you really know Arnav back then?”

I didn't get to speak or think anything straight as he got uttering which I expected the least from him...