Chap_20. Hatred

Khushi’s POV

Years back I promised myself that I would never break down again in front of this person but right now I was on the verge of breaking that promise.

Getting myself and the remaining all strength together, I uttered my word and pushing him off me, I stormed out of the meeting room.

I could feel few eyes on me out there in the office but without bothering that, I got out of the office building.

I was right. He wasn’t back just for business but this time I wasn’t going to let him shake my life once again.

I got back to the office thoughtlessly. Seeing me, Derek spoke up, “Did everything go fine? I hope Mr. Greystone liked our idea."

“Yeah. He liked it.” I kept it short and forwarded towards my cabin.

To get those disturbing moments out of my mind, I started working on a file.

I knew I wouldn’t be able to make it and I was right. I couldn’t.

I leaned against my chair and closed my eyes. The same old memories started getting into my mind.

I could still feel the pain when Arnav left me like that on that day as a tear got rolling down my cheek.

I got angry on myself and wiped the tear off immediately. I again tried to concentrated on a file when I heard a knock on my cabin.

I looked up only to find Akash entering. He got uttering, “Aren't you done for today?”

I lied and tried to focus on the file in front of me uttering, “A little bit is left. I will leave completing that. You should go home first.”

He sat in front of me on a chair as he spoke up again, “Okay complete it then. We will leave together.”

“No, it's okay. You leave. I might get late.” I said keeping my eyes still on the file.

He got silent for a moment and then closed the file, I was working. Not working actually.
Pretending to work on it.

I got caught and I heard him uttering, “You already submitted the marketing plan for this project.”

I gave him a blank look as he got uttering, “What happened? Where are you lost?”

Before I could utter anything, Akash again spoke up like he remembered, “You had a meeting with Arnav, right? Did he say something?”

This time I spoke up, “Yes, I had a meeting and it did go smoothly. And for the other things, let me handle it my way. I don’t want to bother your friendship.”

Akash was about to say something again but I spoke up, “Please.” only to get him stopped.

I stood up then and got uttering, “Now let's go. We should go home now.” as I forwarded towards the entrance.

Akash's P.O.V.

I got back home with Khushi. Getting freshen up, I got downstairs as usual but when I didn’t get to see Khushi there, I got worried.

Mom gave me a questioning look. Just nodding at her, I forwarded towards her room. The door was slightly open.

I pushed it wide open while calling her name softly, “Khushi?”

My eyes wandered all around the room but got disappointed. Then I found her sitting on a chair on the balcony.

I got near her and uttered her name again but still go response indicating she was lost in her thoughts.