Chap_25. Hide & Seek

Taking a deep breath, Khushi forwarded to leave only to get stopped as Arnav appeared in front of her, "Khushi, wait." lightly panting.

He was about to say something again but Khushi asked him before that, "What are you doing here? Don't tell me you are here to attend the wedding."

"It's true, Aaron is my friend. But that wasn't the reason, I am here."

Khushi narrowed her eyes as Arnav completed his saying, "I am here to see you."

Khushi faked a chuckle in annoyance!
And Arnav continued, "No more lies. I won't lie to you anymore."

This time Khushi retorted, "Like I care! Go back to where you came from."

Arnav replied solemnly, "Nope. I am not leaving."

Glaring at him Khushi spoke up again, "What exactly are you trying to do by starting all this fake show once again?"

"It's nothing fake. I'm here to try mending the bond. I'm here to repent for my mistakes." Arnav whispered.

Khushi mentally laughed at him. He was thinking to repent for his mistakes after these three long years?

"Are you hearing yourself? Or did you forget that I'm the same woman who was classless and worthless to you?"

Khushi's word stiffened Arnav. Guilt flickered in his eyes as he remembered that day and got uttering, "I am sorry."

"Sorry?" Sarcasm dripped from Khushi's voice as she uttered, "Sorry for what?"

"For the way I treated you. For the disrespectful words, I said to you. For everything I said and did. I am really sorry, Khushi. Please give me a second chance." Arnav said in a soft, gentle voice keeping his head down.

Khushi became dumbfounded for a moment. What's the matter with him?

His drama was becoming too much tolerance for her. She never imagined not even in dreams that he would come to her again someday and apologize for his mistakes.

Composing herself, she uttered, "You like games, right? Let's play one between ourselves." Arnav knitted his brows in confusion.

Khushi uttered with a smiling face, "Let's play 'Hide and Seek'." the smile faded in the matter of moments as her  voice got cold, "You hide and I won't seek. Ever."

Arnav's face turned dark.

Khushi started taking steps ahead only to get stopped for a moment as Arnav uttered, "Khushi, please. I love you."

Khushi snapped at herself mentally, "Not again, Khushi." and left from there without bothering to turn back for once.

Arnav got standing there as she disappeared out of his sight in a swift, leaving him alone in his own mental disarray.

He thought of running after her but giving it a thought, he stood still. He knew Khushi would need time and he would give her that. But he wasn't going to leave her side.

**

Khushi reached the hotel and got a long shower. Drying herself off, she got out. Sitting in a recliner, she closed her eyes leaning against it.

She was trying to get herself together like she promised herself years back.

It was true. She never forgot him. Not even for a second. She couldn't help thinking of him every single day of her life.

Everyday, she fought back the urge to text him or call him by telling herself that if he wanted to talk to her, he would have done that.

If he really loved her, he would get back to her for forgiveness. But he didn't do that. It made her feel really worthless that got her hellbound to erase him as it was easier than blaming him.

But she guessed she failed to do that. As that mere line got trying to wake up the feelings for him which she buried deep down within her.

"Khushi, please. I love you." Arnav's word kept buzzing in Khushi's mind. She could feel his uttered sincerity and honesty.

She remembered how Arnav's face turned dark hearing her. 

She mentally snapped at herself again to pull herself together, "When didn't you see honesty in his words, Khushi? Remember he is the same Arnav who did that just to win a dare. He couldn't handle failure. Who knows what is in his mind this time! No, I can't let him play with my heart again when it isn't even healed yet."

Giving all these thoughts a break, Khushi got on bed and tried to get some sleep. But like earlier days, she couldn't fall asleep.

Getting a shawl, she got out of the room. She got out of the hotel and started walking by the road. She used to do that when they were here three years back.

That time she wasn't alone though. Akash was always there to give her company. Now she had finally realized why she felt Akash was doing all that. Though he was sincere, maybe guilt was driving him as well.

Khushi was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't even realize that she was already at a quite distance from the hotel.

When she understood, she got somewhat scared as no one was all around and the place was all silent and somewhat dark.

She was about to take steps towards the hotel but got stopped as she caught a human figure beside a maple tree.

Actually on the other side of the street, there was a row of maple trees and that person was standing beside one of the trees. She took a few steps further to get a close look at his face like on her own and then immediately recognized him.

Arnav..

He didn't see her because his face was in the other direction. He kicked away a few pebbles from the ground and then began looking up at the night sky while shoving his hands' inside his pants' pocket.

What was he doing here roaming in this dark, hushed street?
She wondered.

Though it shouldn't be concerning her, still she found herself standing there, looking at him for a few moments.

She was about to leave getting back on earth but stumbled on something and got her ankle hurt and a voice came out from her throat, "Ouch."

As there was pin drop silence, this got into Arnav's hearing and he turned around.

When he recognised Khushi, in no moment he reached her and uttered, "You okay?"

Khushi turned to him but didn't utter anything and tried to take steps ahead but failed. Arnav reached his hand to help her but Khushi moved it away, "I am fine. Don't bother."

Arnav stood still for a second but when he saw her having troubles, he got hold of her and took her in his arms though Khushi tried to push him away, "What are you doing? Leave me."

Without bothering Khushi's resistance, he walked towards the hotel. When a bench got into his sight just outside of the hotel, he put her down and forcefully made her sit on a bench.

Khushi glared at him but Arnav just got on his one knee as he took Khushi's hurt leg in his hand getting her taken aback.

Before Khushi could react, Arnav spoke up, "It will hurt." as he twisted her foot right and left in no moment.

Khushi unintentionally grabbed Arnav's shoulder while holding the pain and closed her eyes.

She opened her eyes in a jerk as Arnav asked, "Is it okay, now?"

Khushi moved her ankle and breathed in relief. It wasn't hurting anymore. She didn't realise her hand was still on Arnav's shoulder.

She didn't get to utter anything as Arnav spoke up again, "I am sorry." as he got his head down...

___

While you are waiting for an update, I am waiting for some response. Some share of thoughts on the story.

Do share your thoughts to get updates sooner.