22: A victorious sip of coffee?

Shigaraki let me take the DS.
That's all I've got to say about anything before I joined in to defend Magne, but then I went back to gaming.

This annoyed some people, though before I would go and be bored, I decided to talk to Chisaki.

As Toga and Twice left, I stayed behind, giving them a look of I'll follow shortly.

Standing in the same room with Chisaki was horrible, but I knew I just had to accept my fate.

"Alright," I sighed, "What do you know?"

Chisaki send me a curious glance, "Nothing much, let's hear you out first."

How curious. Did he even know anything? Did he want me to spill, to get info out of me?
I pursed my lips, "Ain't gonna be first."

One glaring contest later, Chisaki seemed to decide that I wasn't going to speak up soon.

"Before I became leader here," Chisaki said, "There was a group of people. Of course we denied them, although, I wouldn't have, but back then we did. I have my suspicions that you've got to do with them."
Chisaki looked at me attentively, "They had found someone. Someone who could jump from one reality, to another. It's what their research was based on, anyway. I don't know how far their research has gotten, but I would have funded it."

I thought, "Is that all? You don't have any names? Or leads?"

Giving me another look, Chisaki tilted his head, "So you're telling me you think it's possible?"

Realising my mistake, I froze up slightly. Had I just spilled the possibility of a multiverse or something?
"Well, not exactly," I shook my head, "I'm looking for them for another reason..." I pulled off the mask, "You see, my sister, she disappeared one day."

"And you think that's the person who they based their research on?" Chisaki guessed, losing a bit of interest in me.

Nodding, I put back on the mask, "I need to find her. Or at least, to avenge her."

"Well, the best of luck." Chisaki shrugged and let me leave.

Before I left I turned back, "Before I leave, the organisation, or whatever, did it have a name?"

Chisaki sighed and thought, "I'm not sure, but I think something along the lines of Quarter Occurrence, or something."

I nodded.
Occurrence seemed legit if they researched some multiverse theory, though Quarter... I didn't know.

As I found Toga and Twice, we messed around a bit.
It was fun hanging out with them, especially since we annoyed everyone we saw.

Of course I had gotten bored and decided to explore the place. As I did so, I noticed various things.

1.The paths had patterns. It was hard to notice, but once you did, the maze became understandable
2. There wasn't much of a trace of Eri. They had hidden her pretty well. It took me some searching before I knew what corridor she was in, but I hadn't dared to get anywhere close to it.

And 3. The Yakuza wasn't just a villain gang. They were more professional, so to say.
As I looked around, I came to the realisation that they most likely would keep track of a few things.

Like I don't know, dangerous people out there? Like I don't know 'Quarter Occurrence' ?

Walking the hallway for a while, I noticed the person following me had gotten bored as well, so I entered one of the rooms I knew some paperwork was hidden.

It took me a few moments to know where to look before I opened a closet and leaved trough letters, finally finding the Q. Then there were more papers I had to look trough.
Qu
Qua

...

Nothing at Quar.
With a sigh I was about to give up before I recalled Chisaki not having been sure about the name.
Maybe it was something cooler.

And so I searched trough the files a while longer, and something caught my eyes.

"Quantum."

Of course.

Was I really this stupid?

I mean, it wasn't that obvious, but still.
Who'd choose Quarter Occurrence as their villain group name? Almost just as stupid as League of Villains.
A small laugh left me before I folded the few papers in the file and put the rest back.
I couldn't really find a printer, so I teleported behind Toga, the papers tucked deep in my pockets.

Yes, I was on a new lead with the investigation!
Suck it Nezu! I'm better than you —don't take that serious I don't want a devil rat to hate me— !

The next sip of coffee was one of victory.