Chapter 4

- Back to present -

"Shut up, Vegas! It's my day off today!"

Kim's annoyance fills the four corners of his bed room at 8 in the morning. Vegas on the other line can't help but laugh at his grumpy cousin.

"Come on man, I wouldn't call if this isn't important."

"What do you want? I specifically asked for 3 days day off but you're pissing me off this early!"

"A luxury brand wants you at their store opening event today."

"Well, tell them I can't! I need sleep!"

"Kim, believe me, I declined them 3 days ago but the brand's executive director personally went to the agency to ask for you. It's going to be a big deal, man. This is huge!"

"Fucking hell!"

Kim groaned. Vegas can hear his cousin kicking in the air, probably kicking up his duvet out of the way.

"Cool, now get your ass up and be here at the company by 10 am, the event will start at 3 pm. Chop chop Mr. Wik!"

"VEGAS, YOU FUCKER! I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU WITH MY OWN HANDS!"

"Yea, sure..."

Vegas said, laughing hard with how Kim screamed at him in full annoyance.

---

"Wik, thank you for accepting our invitation."

"The pleasure would be mine, sir. Thank you for inviting me."

Kim said after showing some respect and shaking hands the luxury brand's set of directors. 'pleasure is mine my ass, i should be sleeping right now' Kim thought to himself, while still feeling grumpy from this morning.

Kim roams around the newly opened store, scanning the designer clothes and bags on display. He stood still when he saw a set of shoes for kids beside the adult ones. Vegas' words from days ago fill his mind, thinking if what if Sol is really his kid. Kim thought what if he woke up first that morning, he probably wouldn't be this mess right now. If he woke up first then Sol's father wouldn't leave him alone. Kim thought that things wouldn't end this way if he's not knocked out that day.

Vegas get his cousin's attention after he notices Kim staring blankly.

"Kim, the Executive want to speak to you."

Kim blinks, recovering himself from trance. He looks at Vegas and nods then glance back for the last time to the kids' shoes before heading back to where the VIPs are talking with glass of champagne in their hand.

---

"Papa, we going back to mall?"

"Yes baby, we need to buy you some new shoes. You grow up fast, sunshine. You've outgrow your shoes already."

"We will meet dada again there?

Sol asked his father with clear hope in his voice. Chay stopped fixing his son's clothes, looks at Sol and sigh. Chay doesn't know what to do now that Sol has personally met Wik. He thought it's a good thing that they left immediately after apologizing to the staffs that day. He's thankful he didn't get to talk to Wik, because God's knows he's not ready yet. Porchay isn't mentally prepared to talk to Wik yet, though he knows he needs to one day. He knows he's gonna need to talk and explain to Wik, but he hope it's not gonna be this soon.