Chapter 8

DAY OFF: Day 1

"Dada not like that!"

"Dada knows how to do this big guy"

"Nooo~ ewwy! It's black now"

"It's not! Sol...look it's almost done."

"Sol won't eat! It's ewwy!"

Voices of Kim and Sol's bickering in the kitchen are what woke up Chay on a Monday morning. Chay rub both of his eyes and stretches his whole body like how a cat would. He chuckles as how his son dramatically ews at his other father. Wondering what the two are doing this early, Chay gets up from bed and goes straight to the bathroom to do his morning routine- after doing so, Chay walks still sleepily to the where Kim and Sol are.

Once Chay reached the kitchen, he sees the whole mess going on. Kim is standing in front of the gas stove wearing only a white tank top and his boxers with an apron covering over his lean body. He's holding a spatula on his right hand and his left holding the pancake pan. Sol is sitting on his high chair that is placed safely beside Kimhan. Sol is leaning closer to his Dada- trying to reach the spatula from his father's hand.

Chay clears his throat to get their attention; he walks closer to them, leaning on the kitchen counter.

"Papa!" Sol beams at the sight of his other father.

"Good morning, sunshine." With a smile on Chay's lips he greeted his son with a light peck on Sol's forehead. Chay then switch his attention to Kim, who is now placing the pancakes on the table.

"Morning, P'Kim."

"Good morning, Angel" Chay thinks it's too early to blush just because of a simple nickname, but he did. While trying to hide the flush paint of red on his cheeks, Kim gave him a side hug and pecks his temple- which of course worsens the blush on his face. Chay again clears his throat and gave a small smile to Kim.

"You made breakfast?"

"Yes, well... I tried."

On the table are pancakes which are slightly burnt, but for Sol they're already ewwy. There are bacons that are decent enough. Sausages and hotdogs that are... you guess it, burnt. Sunny side up eggs that ended up looking like scrambled eggs. Chay chuckled lowly on all the food in the table.

"Chay, we can.. We can throw them out if you don't like them. I don't really cook but-"

"Silly! P'Kim, the food is fine. They look okay to me. Come let's eat!"

Chay pulled Kim to sit on the chair beside him while Sol is seated on the other side busy munching his less burnt pancake.

Kim places some bacons and pancakes on Chay's plate, he also gave him a glass of orange juice while he have a cup of coffee beside him.

"You woke up early, P'Kim?" Chay asked him as he returns the favor and placing food on Kim's plate.

"Hmm" Kim nodded at him.

But he didn't. Kim did not wake up early, instead- he can't sleep. This is the first time that he slept outside of his own bedroom from his apartment or their family compound. The first time he lay on someone else's bed and not on random hotel room's bed. The feeling of sleeping in Chay's bed felt new to him. Kim has been tossing left and right the whole night, not that he's feeling uncomfortable or whatnot. Chay's bed is the softest mattress Kim has ever laid on but he's feeling his heart's nonstop pounding with reason he doesn't even know. Maybe because Chay is sleeping beside him or because they're sharing a single comforter. It might be because he can feel their skins brushing softly every time one of them moves. He gets up on bed at 5AM but before he leave the room he leans down closer to Chay and gives the younger a soft peck on his forehead.