Chapter 3

Flashback: 4 years ago.

It was a Saturday night when Porchay and his friends decided to get wasted after finishing the last exam from their final's week. With his low tolerance on alcohol, Chay has already been tipsy after just a couple glass of cocktail. Swaying his way through the sea of wasted gen z, who are probably celebrating the end of hell week just like Chay and his friends.

Loud music and flashing lights with bodies swaying from one another is what filled the new IT bar in town. Kimhan is sitting on the bar counter with a glass of tonic gin. Spending the last 5 hours alone at the very far corner of the counter, God knows how much glasses of gin this man has already consumed.

One is celebrating the last day of hell week, also his last few weeks in high school.

The other, drowning himself in alcohol to escape.

You see, Kimhan or most commonly known as Wik has been the main topic of the entertainment tabloids for at least 2 days now. His name has been mentioned from left to right in every TV news and has been the trending topic on social media.

With the quick upsurge of his album sales, some tabloids are throwing shade to this rising star. People are accusing this young man of manipulating his album sales, considering that a rising star selling hundred of thousands of albums in a week is very suspicious as what the boomers say.

His manager has been trying to contact him the whole day but to no avail. Kim turned off his phone the moment he saw the news and went straight to the bar to drown in alcohol.

Kim worked his ass off to reach where he is now. He started of by posting cover songs in Youtube, until he gains hundreds of followers. He wrote songs after songs and submits all of them to every entertainment company there is.

And he can't just let all those years worth of hard work, dedication, and passion to just go to waste just because he's selling out his 1st ever album. Just because he exceeded the expectation people has given him.

Porchay on the other hand, haven't been in a bar or club before. The reason he joined his friends tonight was to let out all his frustrations from studying and over working his brain out for a week.

For a first timer in a bar, Chay has this thought that whatever is on the table he needs to drink it. He doesn't want to be called a party popper and spoil the mood.
But the thing is, he's very lightweight when it comes to alcoholic drinks. He's only been offered 2 glasses of cocktails and a can of beer with 5% alcohol in it but he's already tipsy.

"Chay, can you get us our next batch of drinks from the bar counter?"

"Me? Oh.. yes.. I can! I'm not drunk."

Chay answered in between hiccups, which is friends laugh at.

He walks over to the bar counter safely, it's a miracle he didn't bump into someone on his way. He sits beside this man who is leaning his head on the counter with his eyes closed, and a glass of which Chay assume an alcohol almost covering his face.

Chay successfully recite his friends' order to the bartender who laughs at him for his drowsy eyes and red cheeks.

While waiting for his orders, Chay looked at the man beside him. Somehow, the man looks familiar to him but can't exactly pinpoint who. He unconsciously reached for the man's face, softly brushing the back of his hand on this man's well defined jaw. Chay used his finger to move away some hair strands from the man's face, he's mesmerized by this man's beauty.