• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xxᴠɪɪ • •

The night for Mike seemed to be endless. Standing before Vanessa as he decided to head home early after the incident with Abby and Bonnie's guitar. "I don't know what to say." He spoke.

"Just go home Mike." Vanessa spoke up. Having enough about his questions and his determination to find something he wanted. "You need to take care of your sister."

"What are you so afraid of?" Mike asked. "In the storage room... that look in your eyes. You were terrified."

Vanessa stopped walking away hearimg him. Slowly turning to face him before walking back. "You can do whatever you want in your life Mike, but if you ever bring back Abby, I will shoot you. You've already put my sister in harm's way." Turning away from him as she immediately left him standing there.

Mike was silent as he took her words in. Placing a hand on his waist before walking back to his own car and getting inside. Buckling up and starting the car to head back home.

"She looked so angry. Why do people always look at you that way?" Abby asked.

Mike didn't have a response for her as he simply drove away from the pizzeria and headed back home. Keeping the ride back silent and not wanting to say another word about the situation he had found himself in.

Abby eventually fell asleep with the silence and being tired from staying up most of the night. Even if his shift had been a bit shorter that night.

Mike sighed as he hadn't had to deal with things on his own. It felt empty and his heart filled with guilt. The empty passenger seat made him feel worse. His gut telling him he was close but he couldn't know what it possibly was.

Reaching for his phone that Lilith had gifted for his birthday once. Calling her number as he heard the ringing coming from under the seat. Immediately ending the call and parking aside safetly.

His hand unbuckling the seatbelt before he leaned towards the floor where he had heard the ringing coming from. Leaning back straight as he found her phone. Turning it on as held it close to him. Hoping there might be something in it he could use.

Resuming the drive back home after making sure that the phone was in his pocket where he wouldn't lose it. Upon arriving back home, he put Abby to bed first before heading into the dinning room.

He believed that Vanessa didn't do light with her threats. After all he was dating her sister and he knew never to make Lilith upset enough to have her make threats. He had seen her do them before on those who had underestimated her and tried to pick an argument with her. She was true to her words and he loved that about her.

Deciding to call her number first at the moment as he glanced at her phone. Watching it ring but not picking up the call. Waiting patiently until his ears perked up. Listening to her voice flow out into his ear.

"Hey! You've reached Lilith. Unfortunately I'm busy with Mike and Abby but call back later. Bye!"

Mike wanted to throw something. Anything. Containing himself from doing any of the sorts to avoid waking up Abby. He also didn't want Lilith to return to something in the home being broken.

Calling a different number next. Hearing it ringing before being relieved someone picked up.

"Hello?"

"Max. Hey."

"Shit." Max cursed quietly.

Mike heard her as he cleared his throat a bit. "Bad timing?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah. Look you're a great guy with a nice family but I can't babysit anyone for a while. I'm sorry."

"No.. no, you're good." Mike spoke. "Thanks anyways." He added before saying his goodbyes and hanging up. Having one more person in mind. Even if he didn't want to call that someone. "Hey, it's Mike." He spoke once they had picked up. "I need your help with something. It's important."

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

In the morning, as breakfast was being made, Mike made his way down the hall before walking into Abby's room as quietly as he could. Moving closer to her bed as he wanted to tell her the news before anything else went wrong. "Abby." He quietly spoke to not startle her.

Abby shifted a bit as she slowly began to wake up a bit. Glancing at her brother before smelling the air. "Is that bacon?" She asked.

"Um.. how about you get dress and meet me outside, okay?" Mike asked as he smiled a bit.

"Is Lilith home?" Abby asked excitedly before immediately sitting up.

"No, Abby." Mike shook his head. "She's not... here."

"Then what is it?" Abby asked as her excitement left her.

"I want to talk to you about something." Mike replied.

"Okay." Abby spoke as she smiled. Stretching a bit. Once he was gone and the door was closed, she got up and got dressed for the day. Leaving her room as she ran down the hall to the kitchen like she was told.

"Well, there's my favorite little girl." Her aunt spoke before stepping out to face the young girl.

Abby froze a bit seeing Jane standing in their home. Glancing at Mike as if to ask if she was seeing who she was really seeing there.

"Come have a seat alright?" Mike asked.

"What did you do?" Abby asked instead of doing as he said.

"Abby, just sit down and let me explain."

"No." Abby spoke up. Feeling betrayed by him.

"I promise you. This isn't what it looks like." Mike tried to reassure her. Knowing it looked really bad for him.

"I hate you." Abby spoke. "I hate you Mike! I wish Lilith was here! She would have never done this to me!" She yelled at him before running back to her room and locking the door.

"I have to say, I think it went well." Jane spoke as she tried to hide a small smirk forming. "It's a good thing that pest of a girlfriend you had is no longer here."

Mike slammed his hands on the table before standing up. "I let you come into mine and her home to watch Abby. Not for you to insult her. I won't allow that from you."

"Careful now Nephew." Jane spoke smugly.

Abby cried in her room as she grabbed a marker off her table before scribbling on the face of Mike she had drawn. Being in the anger she felt for him that moment made her cross every drawing she had on her wall with him. Not caring about it.

"She reminds of you." Jane spoke as she resided at the table eating. Watching Mike get ready to head out. "Always with that temper of yours." She tsked his way.

"When she calms down, can you tell her I'm sorry and that I'll be back soon?" Heading for the door.

"There's a much larger conversation that needs to take place." Jane called out.

Mike stopped for a moment. "No. Abby was right about one thing. If Lilith was here she wouldn't allow that to happen."

"Well it's a good thing she's not here."

Mike clenched his jaw before stopping himself from expressing any anger infront of her. Leaving the home and heading to a place he had become familiar with before. The pharmacy. Needing his sleeping pills for what he was about to do.