• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xɪɪɪ • •

"How does she know your name?" Mike asked.

"Mike." Lilith spoke as she listened to him before sighing. "Follow us for a second." She added.

Being a bit hesitant to follow either of them at first before doing so. Following the two of them.

Vanessa stopped for a second before glancing around the security room. "Like what you've done to the place." She spoke. "Why Nebraska?" She asked turning to face the two of them. "Oh, need a hand?"

"I've got it." Lilith spoke. Having Mike sit as she cleaned his wound. Watching his hand clench while she did so. Patching it when she was done.

"Who is she Lil?" Mike asked softly.

Lilith listened as she glanced as his hand before glancing at him. "Mike, this is my sister, Vanessa." She informed.

Mike stayed silent for a few seconds before glancing between of them. "Sisters?"

"Yeah. I'm older than her." Vanessa spoke. "By a year and a half. I'm also a cerified EMT. I could've helped patched you up in no time."

"I'm fine with Lilith doing it. It's sweet." Mike mumbled a bit. Placing his uninjured arm around Lilith before turning to face his girlfriend. "I also think it's my turn to heal you." He spoke.

"I'm fine." Lilith spoke.

Mike didn't listen to her before helping clean her cheek gently. "So, Vanessa, you sure know your way around this place."

"Well, Freddy's is on my beat. I like to stay well-informed. Also, I really loved this place as a kid. We.. we did." Vanessa spoke.

Mike glanced at her. "I thought you didn't know this place."

"Well, everything you like eventually ends. My liking towards this place dimmed before I met you." Lilith spoke. "Bad memories for me now."

Vanessa smiled a bit as she held her hand out to him. "Vanessa Shelly. Nice to formally meet you." She spoke.

His eyes glanced at her hand before reaching his own out and shaking hers. "Mike." He spoke. Not bothering with saying anything else about himself. "I thought your last name was Mintz." He spoke to Lilith.

"I like Mintz better. My father wasn't always the best and me and Vanessa chose new names to avoid those parts of our blood related parents." Lilith spoke as she picked at her sleeve. "I was going to tell you but with everything going on-."

"My family issuses shouldn't be something that stop you from coming to me. I thought we didn't keep secrets and communicated with one another."

"Mike, please."

"No. You come to me if you need to talk. It's not right that you are the only one there for me and my family issues. I want to be there for you too and make sure that you know I am here for you."

"Wow.." Vanessa spoke up lightly. "You have him very in love and wrapped around your finger."

Lilith listened before glancing at Mike. Giving him a quick small peck. "I'll be right back." She spoke. Moving away before grabbing Vanessa by the hand and leading the way to a more private place.

Mike wanted to trust his girlfriend but there was something off. He knew something was off for sure. The two seemed to be hidding something important.

Waiting patiently before following after them. Leaning against the wall and hiding for now.

"He sent you here. Didn't he?" Lilith asked.

"You know how he is." Vanessa spoke. "I can't control him or what he does."

"I told you to leave him behind with me. You chose to stay."

"To keep you safe at the time. I needed you there and you left."

"Because he was becoming someone we didn't know!"

"You have Mike around your finger. It's only a matter of time before he comes for you again." Vanessa spoke. "I have been holding back from finding you. If I did then so would he have and now he has. He's been knowing."

"You'll probably lead him to me."

"You are my sister. I wouldn't." Vanessa spoke.

"Tell him to stay the hell away from me." Lilith spoke as she scoffed. "I don't want to have anything to do with him."

"It's too late."

"I might be having a shot with his." Lilith spoke. "I will take him down if I have to but he is not going to lay his hands on Mike. Make sure that he knows the really well. I don't do threats. I do promises."

"You are just like him sometimes." Vanessa spoke.

Lilith slapped her the moment she heard those words. A mixture of regret in her features for hitting her own blood but also anger for being called someone like her father. "I am nothing like him."

Vanessa held her cheek. "Really? Because you'd never raise your hand at someone like that. I could arrest you for that."

Mike listened quietly as he wanted to know even more than he did know then. Even more confused about who and what they were talking about. Heading back to the security room when he heard them getting ready to return.

Lilith walked out first as she let out a small shaky sigh. Unaware that they had been heard. She had been trying to deal with her family and their issues on the down low.

Followed after by Vanessa as she acted normal and like nothing had happened. Walking back into the security room. Trying not to show that anything had happened. "So, you doing all right this evening Mike?"

"What?" Mike asked at the sudden question from her.

"Are you good? Are you okay?" She asked. "Is everything copacetic?"

"Yeah, I know what alright means." Mikee replied.

"Do you also know your eyes are bloodshot red and your heart rate is through the roof?"

"Vanessa." Lilith spoke up.

Vanessa ignored her as she continced. "And aside from that gash on your arm, which..." Vanessa gives a small chuckle. "Let's be honest, is pretty fricking bizzare, you've been acting suspicious since the moment you opened the door."

Lilith got between her and her boyfriend. "Back off Vanessa. Leave him alone."

"I am doing my job here." Vanessa spoke. "Now step aside."

"Look, its been a weird night." Mike chimed in as he kept his girlfriend close.

Vanessa calmed down a bit. "Sounds like Freddy's." She spoke. Taking a seat across from him. "This place, it can get to people."

He seemed to notice as he had his girlfriend sit on his lap while he listened to Vanessa.

"It's one of the reasons why you're going to quit."

"I'm sorry, what?" Mike asked her.

"Oh yeah. You security hires never last."

Mike simply stared at her before glancing at his girlfriend. "Is she serious?" He asked.

"In a way." Lilith spoke.

"Have you met them yet?" Vanessa asked.

Mike glanced back at Vanessa in pure confusion. "Met who exactly?" He asked.

"Follow me." Vanessa spoke before getting up and heading out of the room.

"I was not expecting any of this." Mike mumbled.

"Neither was I." She replied. Getting up before holding his hand. "Come on, I'll owe you one."

"Great. I have something in mind for us." Mike replied before getting up from holding her hand and heading out with her to catch up with Vanessa.