• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ ᴠɪɪɪ • •

Mike was in a deep sleep. Unable to feel her shake him as he was too deep into the same dream he had always had. Being back at the woods as a kid and spending time with his family. The same memory playing on repeat like a ritual he had started in order to find answers he had been looking for.

"Everything's better swimming in ketchup. Right, Mike?" A woman asked a young boy in a green shirt while appliying ketchup to her burger.

Mike smiled at the woman before they shared a small chuckle together.

The woman smiled and chuckled before spilling something on the table. "Oh. Go watch your brother, okay?" The woman asked the young boy.

The young boy nodded before getting up from the table. Seeing that the other family there who had been playing with the frisbee had dropped it. Getting to it as he intended to give it back to them.

His smile dropping as he glanced around and saw no sign of his brother. Glancing around as he began to panic. "Garret?" He asked. Hearing the sound of a car starting and immediately getting closer to the spot he had heard it come from.

Reaching the car he noticed that his brother and his red plane were in the back of the car. Watching as it began to drive away. Making the green shirt young boy to begin a chase after the car. Having no chance of getting to it.

The young boy turning into Mike as he stopped running after the car. "Garret!" He yelled after it.  It was a horrible memory for him that he just couldn't seem to forget it.

Hearing the sound of footsteps behind him. Turning quickly as something was off with his memory. Seeing that there were five young kids just watching him from their spots behind him.

"What is this?" Mike asked them. "Who are you?" He continued as he was confused to see them there. It had never happened to him before.

Pointing in the direction that the car had left in. "That car. Did you see that car? Did you see what happened?" He asked.

Mike had his head laying on the table as he stayed asleep. Unaware of what was going on around him.

Lilith listened as she shook his shoulder. Hearing static coming out from the intercome above on the wall. Shaking her boyfriend a bit more. "Mike! Wake up!" She spoke up.

His eyes focused on the kids before him. "Did you see who took my brother?" Mike asked. Desperate for an answer from them.

The kids stayed still before making a run for it in different directions from one another.

Mike was shocked before choosing to run after one of them. His eyes targeting a blond boy. Running as fast as he could to keep up with them.

"Mike!"

Hearing his name being yelled at from a distance make him lose his focus as he tripped over a big rock before he could catch the boy. Waking up as he hit the floor. A small groan leaving him.

"Mike! Thank goodness!"

It took him a moment as he noticed what was going on. Covering his ear when the static was messing with the intercom and cameras. "What happened?" He asked.

"I-i don't know. I left to explore the place. When I came back you were asleep and things were starting to get weird." Lilith explained.

Mike got up from the floor. Moving to the wall as he flipped a lever down before flipping it again as the lights and camera went back to normal.

"You wouldn't wake up." Lilith spoke.

"I'm sorry I scared you. I just.. had this really weird dream." He spoke.

"I'm just glad that you are okay. If you want to talk about your dream then I am here to listen." Lilith replied.

Mike listened to her speak before hearing his watch ring. "I would like to talk about it but we have reached six o'clock. We can head home now."

"That was quick." Lilith spoke. "But we can talk about it at home." She added as she didn't mind. Knowing that he would open up to her if he chose to have his dreams known. Not pressuring him into doing something he didn't want to do.

The young man grabbing his things as he placed the flashlights back and turned things off. Holding his hand out at the moment towards her.

Her eyes glanced at his hand when he held it out for her. Hesitant to take it for a second before grabbing it and giving it a small squeeze.

His eyes showing a bit of relief when his hand was held by her. Giving her hand a small squeeze back at the moment. "Let's go home." He spoke at the moment as he glanced at her.

Lilith nodded. "Let's." She spoke as she smiled a bit. Not wanting to be in the pizzeria any longer. Leading the way out of the place eagerly.

A small chuckle leaving him at the moment as he focused on her. Feeling a bit of guilt from earlier and for not having spent enough time with her as a couple.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

The drive back to the home was a bit calmer than earlier as they sat in silence. Comfortable silence as Mike drove. Keeping one of his hands on her knee.

Lilith placed a hand over his hand as she gently held it before glancing out the window. Opening it as she enjoyed the breeze she let in.

"Lil, about what we talked about-."

"I know. Abby is important so I shouldn't have been upset with you."

"That's not what I was going to say." Mike spoke.

"Oh? What were you going to say?" Lilith asked a bit intrigued.

"I was going to say that you were right. Even though we spend a lot of time together we don't spend normal moments like couples do."

"Mike."

Mike parked into the driveway before glancing her way. "You mean a lot to me and I want you to know that. I want to make you just as happy as you make me."

"I am happy with you." Lilith spoke as she glanced at him. Placing her hand on his cheek. "I am more than happy to be by your side."

Mike's cheeks turned a light pink color as she said that. Feeling his heart skip a beat. "You really make me feel lucky." He spoke as he leaned closer.

Lilith listened as she noticed before gently placing her hand on his shoulder as she closed her eyes and leaned closer before giving him a small kiss.

Feeling his hand slid up as she reached and held his hand. "We should head inside."

Mike nodded in agreement before getting out of the car and walking around. Opening the door for her like usual.

"You really don't have to do that every time." Lilith spoke.

"I know but I like doing it." Mike replied as he smiled a bit.

Holding her hand as he closed the door for her. Locking his car before heading into the home together. Hearing the tv being on as Max woke up before sitting up.

"Hey." Max spoke.

"Hey Max." Mike replied.

"Max." Lilith greeted. Trying to keep the peace.

Mike taking a seat as he huffed a bit. Leaning back in his seat.

"So, how'd it go?" Max asked.

"Uh.. it was interesting." Mike spoke.

"I should probably get out of here." Max spoke as she got up from the couch she had slept on.

"Hey, by the way I-i do intend on paying you eventually. I just need some time." Mike spoke as he stopped her from leaving.

"It's okay." Max spoke. "I know where you leave." She added in as a joke.

Mike chuckled a bit at her joke before getting up. "I'll go check on Abby." He informed his girlfriend at the moment before pecking her cheek and heading down the hall. Leaving her to have a chance to talk with Max.