Chapter 20

Harry's POV:

After the interview yesterday, I hadn't seen Lola since, until she burst into the Great Hall at lunch, a copy of The Daily Prophet in her hand. She pushes into the seat at the Gryffindor table next to me, slamming the paper on the table.

"Have you seen this shit! Read it!"

She opens it to a random page.

Harry Potter, age 12, suspect entrant in the Triwizard Tournament. His eyes swimming with the ghost of his past was interviewed by our top reporter, Rita Skeeter herself.

"I suppose I get my strength from my parents, I know they'd be very proud of me if they could see me now...yes, sometimes at night I still cry about them" Mr Potter quotes himself "I'm not ashamed to admit it...I know nothing will hurt me during the Tournament, because they're watching over me..."

Harry has at last found love at Hogwarts. His close friend, Colin Creevey, says that Harry is rarely seen out of the company of one Hermione Granger, a stunningly pretty Muggle-born girl who, like Harry, is one of the top students in the school.

My jaw drops with every sentence. What the hell is this cow writing! I look up at Lola.

"That's not even it. She hasn't mentioned Cedric, spelled Viktor and Fleur's names wrong, and read what she wrote about me."

Lola Potter, also aged 12, entered the Tournament alongside her brother. There have been many rumors about the girl being jealous of her fame showered brother, and I for one, got to experience it myself.

"Harry Potter? Never heard of him. Heard of Lola Potter? Well, you should have. I'm obviously more important, because You-Know-Who didn't even attempt to kill me."

When asked on her thoughts on her brother's fame, this is how she responded.

"Harry Potter is a nobody. Not a hero. A coward. An attention seeking child, who needed his name in the Goblet of Fire."

Lola too has found a lover. Many say she has quite the friend group, but has been close to a certain Draco Malfoy since their Second Year.

"Holy hell. That is bad" I say.

"I'm gonna kill her. Harry, I'm dead serious. Look me in the eye and I'll tell you I'll kill her." I look up at her, careful not to look her into the eyes. I know her. She is 100% serious. The murderous expression on her face says it all.

Before I can say anything, she stands up and walks away, no doubt thinking of the best way to hide the body of a lying, dirty reporter...

Lola's POV:

19th November, 1994.

Two days after the article was released, I'm sat on a bench in the courtyard, reading, when Harry runs up to me.

"Dragons."

"What?" I furrow my brows

"The first task. Dragons."

"WHAT?!" I jump up and start to pace. "DRAGONS? HOW THE-"

"Shhhh! We're not supposed to know!"

"How do you know, then?!"

"Hagrid told me. Maxime knows. She'll tell Fleur. Karkaroff knows, too. He's gonna tell Krum"

"Have you told Cedric?" I question.