Chapter 13

A man stood in the doorway of the Great Hall, leaning on a long staff, shrouded in a black travelling cloak. Everyone in the Great Hall turned to look at the stranger.

A fork of lightning illuminated the strangers face. He lowered his hood and shook out his mane of grey hair.

He walked up towards the teachers table, every other step echoed with a dull clunk. He took a seat next to Dumbledore when another flash of lightning deepened his features. I gripped Pansy's forearm.

His mouth was a diagonal gash, and a large chunk of his nose was missing. One eye was small and beady, the other was large, and a vivid electric blue. It was moving crazily, darting around in the socket, getting a view of the whole hall.

The man pulled a plate of sausages towards him and sniffed them suspiciously. He took a small knife out for his pocket and speared a sausage on the end of it. He began to eat.

Dumbledore cleared his throat. "May I introduce our new Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher. Professor Moody"

"What the hell happened to him?" I whisper to Pansy. She half shrugs back, still slightly afraid.

Moody pulled out a hip-flask and took a swig from it, his electric blue eye still darting in all directions.

Dumbledore cleared his throat again. "As I was saying. We are to have the honor of hosting a very exciting event over the coming months, an event which has not been held for over a century. It is my very great pleasure to inform you that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year."

"You're JOKING!" Fred said loudly from the Gryffindor Table. I was so looking forward to watching this Tournament go down. Safely. From the sidelines, of course.

Dumbledore chuckles at Fred. "I am not joking, Mr Weasley. Though, now that you mention it, I did hear an excellent one over the summer about a troll, a hag and a leprechaun who all go into a bar-"

Professor McGonagall clears her throat loudly.

"Er- but maybe this is not the time...no..." Dumbledore says "where was I? Oh, yes, the Triwizard Tournament...well, some of you will not know what this Tournament involves, so I hope those who do know will forgive me for giving a short explanation, and will allow their attention to wander freely"

(A/n: you all know how the Triwizard Tournament works so, just gonna skip past that)

Dumbledore finished his speech about the Age limit and how Beauxbatons and Durmstrang would be arriving in October.

I stand up with Pansy, Draco, and Astoria. We make our way to the entrance hall. "So, what do you think?" I say excitedly.

"This is gonna be good! I can't wait to see who's going to get picked" Pansy squeals. "I wonder if we'll get any fitties from Durmstrang?"

Astoria and I giggle and Draco scoffs. "I doubt it" he sneers "they don't make 'em anywhere like they do at Hogwarts"

I laugh. "Oh, definitely." I say sarcastically. He mutters to himself and goes to find Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle.

We make our way to the Slytherin Common Room for a well deserved sleep, gossiping and giggling, for reasons that definitely don't relate to boys...

Sorry, this was a short chapter. Nothing really important happens, but hopefully the next few will be more interesting. Thanks for reading xx
❤️😊