Chapter 6

12 pm, Sunday:

Harry and I are sat at the bottom of the stairs with our trunks,Waiting. Uncle Vernon had put on his best suit, trying to look impressive.

Dudley was basically shitting his pants. The last time he met a wizard, he ended up with a tail.

I spent most of the afternoon up in our room, reading muggle books I had bought with the money I got from Mrs Barreau for working as a cashier in her little shop. She was also teaching me French, and sometimes cooked French food.

At quarter to five, I walk downstairs and sat in the living room next to Harry with the Dursleys.

By half past, the Weasleys still weren't here. I was picking my nails when I  heard loud bangs and scraping from behind the fireplace. I hear a voice.

"Ouch! Fred, no- go back, go back, there's been some kind of mistake- tell George not to- OUCH! George, no, there's no room, go back quickly and tell Ron-"

"Maybe Harry can hear us, dad- maybe he'll be able to let us out-"

"Harry! Harry, can you hear us?"

Uncle Vernon is shouting, asking what the hell is going on while Harry speaks to Mr Weasley through the electric fireplace. I can't help but laugh. Harry glares at me weakly, trying not to laugh himself.

I hear Ron's voice join in the conversation. "What are we doing here? Has something gone wrong?"

"Oh, no, Ron" one of the twins says "No, this is exactly where we wanted to end up"
The other one speaks "yeah, we're having the time of our lives here"

I burst out laughing again. Just then Harry backs up, and I, sensing danger, follow him. Suddenly, the wall explodes and Fred, George and Ron, along with Mr Weasley all fall out.

I laugh as both of the twins glare at me from the floor. I extend one arm to each of them and pull them up.

The one on the left speaks. "Fred Weasley at your service"
The one on the right slaps the back of Fred's head and turns to me. "George Weasley, at your service"

I smirk. "Lola Potter. Always appreciate a bit of sarcasm"

They both go red and grin cheekily. I wink and turn around to face Uncle Vernon, who's stood in shock.

Mr Weasley looks at me and Harry. "Well, kids, have you got your trunks ready?" I nod awkwardly and go into the hallway, pulling mine and Harry's trunks back into the living room with me.

Mr Weasley lights a fire in the destroyed fireplace. "Well, then, Fred, you first"

"Coming" Fred walks up to the fireplace "oh, crap- hang on-" a bag of brightly coloured sweets spill out of Fred's pocket. He picks them all up, but I notice he deliberately leaves one under a smashed vase.

Fred steps into the fire and yells "the burrow" before disappearing. Ron goes next, taking Harry's trunk. I notice George glancing between the sweet and Dudley, who is cowering behind Aunt Petunia.

I step sideways, unnoticed and sneakily kick the sweet out from under the vase and into Dudleys view. I wink at George and he grins.

Just as Harry steps into the fireplace with my trunk, Aunt Petunia started to scream.

Dudley was kneeling on the floor, choking on a foot long, slimy thing coming out of his mouth. I make eye contact with George and we both start laughing silently, trying to hide our smiles.

Aunt Petunia tries to yank his tongue out of his mouth, making him gag. George and I were laughing aloud now, not holding back.

Mr Weasley shouts at us all to leave, and Harry quickly disappears, followed by George.

I get into the fireplace, standing in the green flames. I yell "The Burrow!"

I feel myself spinning fast, before coming out at a small kitchen.