Chapter 12

When we arrive at Hogwarts, it is pouring with rain and an occasional clap of Thunder.

Draco and I get out of our carriage, slipping in the rain. I grip onto his arm to stop myself falling. Draco takes a step forward and slips onto the floor. We both burst out laughing. I help him up, but I pull too hard, and when he stands up his face is inches from mine.

I look into his stormy grey eyes, rain pouring down his face, his hair in his eyes. Our noses are almost touching. I blink rain out of my eyes and raise my hand, pushing back his platinum hair. I whisper.

"Last one there owes the other 10 Sickles" I take off running, Draco close behind me, slipping and sliding. He catches up with me and I grab his hand and we run through the rain together, laughing.

We make it to the Entrance Hall, when we stop to breathe. We're catching our breath, our fingers still intertwined, when a large, red, water balloon drops onto our heads. I squeal. The water is ice cold. I look up and see Peeves, cackling, chanting something about love-birds.

I push my hair out of my face and look at Draco, who doesn't look annoyed. He shrugs. "We were wet anyways" he says.

McGonagall comes running out of the Great Hall, slipping slightly on the wet marble floors of the entrance hall.

She starts shouting at Peeves, and I can't help but laugh. Draco and I walk into the Great Hall, only letting go of each other's hands before sitting down. I sit next to Pansy and Draco sits opposite me.

"Hey!" I say, tapping her shoulder, not wanting to get her wet.

"Lola! Oh my Salazar! I was looking for you on the train! I sat with Astoria" she points to Astoria Greengrass, one of my best friends, other than Pansy, of course.

"Hey, Astoria!" I turn to her. She's sat next to Draco.

"Lola! How was your summer?" She says happily.

"Same as usual. Nothing interesting. Other than the World cup! That was mental! Ugh.." I take off my shoe and pour out the water, grimacing at the amount that comes out.

We talk about the World Cup for a bit, before the first years enter the great hall, dripping with water as though that had swam through the lake.

Professor McGonagall placed the Sorting Hat on the 3-legged stool. The tear near the brim of the hat opened wide, and the hat burst into song.

'a thousand years or more ago
When. I was newly sewn
There lives four wizards of renown
Whose names are still well known:
Bold Gryffindor, from wild moor,
Fair Ravenclaw, from glen,
Sweet Hufflepuff, from valley broad,
Shrewd Slytherin, from fen.
They shared a wish, a hope, a dream,
They hatched a daring plan
To educate young sorcerers
Thus Hogwarts school began.
Now each of these four founders
Formed their own house, for each
Did value different virtues
In the ones they had to teach.
By Gryffindor, the bravest were
Prized far beyond the rest;
For Ravenclaw, the cleverest
Would always be the best;
For Hufflepuff, hard workers were
Most worthy of admittion;
And power hungry Slytherin
Loved those of great ambition.
While still alive, they did divide
Their favorites from the throng,
Yet how to pick the worthy ones
When they were dead and gone?
Twas Gryffindor who found the way,
He whipped me off his head
The founders put some brains in me
So I could choose instead!
Now slip me snug about your ears,
I've never yet been wrong.
I'll have a look inside your mind
And tell where you belong!'

The Great Hall rang with applause as the Sorting Hat finished. I tuned out, only clapping along with the Slytherins as a First-year joined our table.

Once the feast was over and everyone was about to burst, Dumbledore stood.
"So! Now that we are all fed and watered, I must once more ask for your attention, while I give out a few notices"

Draco and I roll our eyes at the same time. It was the usual. Screaming Yo-yos, Fanged Frisbees and Ever-Bashing Boomerangs were added to the list of forbidden things in the halls, the Forbidden Forest is out of bounds, as well as Hogsmeade to students below third year.

Luckily, last year I had forged Uncle Vernons signature, unlike Harry, who had tried to get permission from McGonagall.

"It is also my painful duty to inform you that the inter-house Quidditch Cup will not take place this year" Dumbledore announced. I obviously knew it was because of the Triwizard Tournament, which Draco had explained, but Quidditch was my life. Even though I didn't play for Slytherin, I was hoping to at least watch the matches.

The Hall rang with gasps and complains. The Weasley twins were gaping at Dumbledore as though he'd grown 3 heads. Dumbledore continues.

"This is due to an event that will be starting in October, and continuing throughout the school year, taking up much of the teachers time and energy- but I am sure you will all enjoy it immensely. I have great pleasure in announcing that this year at Hogwarts-"

At that moment, there was a deafening roar of thunder, and the doors of the Great Hall swung open with a bang...