Chapter 38

"Fighting back shows resilience and strength in the face of adversity"

After we had escaped from Uncle Vernon's wrath, I had immediately gone upstairs to write a letter to the Dark Lord. He was not going to be happy. The only reason that I'm a Death Eater is to spy for him at Hogwarts, and now I'm expelled.

I sent the letter with my Owl, Ebony. I got her at the end of last year, knowing I couldn't steal Hedwig from Harry all the time. Ebony was the complete opposite of Hedwig. She had black feathers and bright orange eyes. She was quite a rare Owl, according to the shopkeeper at Eelops Owl Emporium.

Once I had sent of the letter, Harry comes into our room, slamming the door. A picture frame of Mum and Dad falls off. "Banging around won't do anything, you stupid cow. Look what you've done!"

I pick up the shattered picture frame, repairing it with my wand. Harry glares at me. "Why are you using magic?"

"We've already been expelled, no?" I say, rolling my eyes. I place the frame on my bedside table, watching as Mum and Dad dance happily, not a worry in the world.

That night, I had visions. Or dreams, as Harry calls them. Ever since Cedric was killed, I had been having these terrible dreams, of Cedric, the Dark Lord, Peter Pettigrew.

And whenever I was close to the Dark Lord, the scar on the back of my neck would burn. I brushed it off as the scar not being healed yet.

A few days after we had been expelled, Harry and I were laying on our beds in silence, Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia gone out with Dudley.

"Lola."

I ignore him.

"Lola. I'm sorry. I really am. I just..." He trails off.

"I didn't mean to leave you there. I thought you were with us. I felt terrible, I really did. And I still do. And about Sirius...I just didn't want you to tell Malfoy."

I finally speak. "You don't trust me enough, that's what it is. Why would I tell Draco? Give me one reason why I would."

"Lola, I don't want to argue with you. I'm sorry, ok? That's all I wanted to say, but you always have to turn it into-"

I sit up, fast. He hasn't changed a bit. "Me!? I always?! You selfish git, Harry Potter! You haven't-!" I'm cut off by a clattering from downstairs.

I look at the door, then back at Harry. "Did you hear that?" I whisper.

Harry ignores me, picking up his wand and pointing it at the door. He stands up slowly. I follow his lead, taking out my wand. I mean, we were already expelled, right?

I notice the key in the lock turning, very slowly. It clicks and the door swings open.

There were a few silhouettes standing in the doorway, whispering. There was a female voice. "Very clean, these Muggles.."

"Tonks, for gods sake.." Wait a minute. That sounded like...Moody?

The female voice spoke again. "Unnatural."

There was a bright light, and four people walked into the room. A purple haired woman, lighting up the room with her wand, and two men, a blonde woman behind them.

Wait a minute. She looks familiar...-

Lucy Edwards.

"P-professor Moody?" Harry says uncertainly. "What are you doing here?"

"Rescuing you, of course." Moody growls.

The woman with purple hair grins at me, and I look around at them, slightly confused. There's still more people behind them.