Chapter 11

Once the elf, Blinky or whatever was interrogated, we went back to the tent. A few hours of sleep later and we were back at the Burrow.

We walk up to the house and a cry echoed along the street. "Oh, thank goodness, thank goodness!"

Mrs Weasley comes running towards us in her pyjamas, the Daily Prophet in her hands. She hugs her kids and gives us all a sloppy kiss on the cheek. "Arthur- I've been so worried- so worried-"

Everyone goes into the kitchen for a chat, but I make my way up to Ginnys room to write a letter to my bitchy 'best friend'.

Draco fuckin Lucius Malfoy.

You knew! You knew what would happen! Why didn't you say anything! I know you're not keen on Muggles, but...
Also, you need to stop acting like that. Harry already suspects that your father's a Death Eater, and you strutting around like you own the world doesn't help.
However mad I am at you, I do hope you're alright.

Not alot of Love right now,
Lola

I sealed the letter and went to Hedwig, handing her the envelope. I couldn't wait to be back at Hogwarts...

The next morning:

We make it onto Platform 9 3/4 with 5 minutes to spare. We stow our trunks and go back to Mrs Weasley, Bill and Charlie, who came to see us off.

"I might be seeing you all sooner than you think" Charlie grinned as he hugged Ginny.

"Why?" Fred questioned.

"You'll see.." Charlie said vaguely "just don't tell Percy I mentioned it...it's 'classified information until such time as the ministry sees for to release it', after all"

"Yeah, I sort of wish I was back at Hogwarts this year" Bill said, looking wistfully at the Hogwarts Express.

"Why?" George whined inpatiently.

"You're going to have an... interesting year" Bill said, his eyes twinkling "I might even get time off to come watch a bit of it..."

"A bit of what?" I say

Then a whistle blows and Mrs Weasley pushes us towards the train doors. "Thank you for having us to stay, Mrs Weasley" I say gratefully

"Yeah, thanks for everything Mrs Weasley" Hermione says.

"Oh, it was my pleasure, dears" said Mrs Weasley "I'd invite you for Christmas, but...well, I expect you're all going to want to stay at Hogwarts, what with...one thing and another..."

"Mum!" Ron said irritably "what d'you three know that we don't?"

"You'll find out this evening, I expect. It's going to be very exciting- mind you, I'm glad they changed the rules-"

"What rules!?" We all say together

"I'm sure Professor Dumbledore will tell you...now, behave, won't you? Won't you Fred? And you, George?"

"Tell us what's happening at Hogwarts!" Fred bellows out the window as Mrs Weasley, Bill and Charlie all sped away from us as the train moves.

They just smile and wave, then the train turns the corner and they disappear from view.

I turn to them all. "Draco might know something, with his father being so close to the Ministry. I'll ask him. See you all later"

I walk away, hearing Ron mutter about a slimy git. I'd bet 1000 Galleons I knew who he was talking about...

I get to mine and Draco's usual compartment. He's sitting with Crabbe and Goyle. I take a seat next to him and we speak for a while. Harry, Ron and Hermione pass by the compartment and I see them throw a glare at us.

The topic turns to other wizarding schools.

"Father actually considered sending me to Durmstrang rather than Hogwarts, you know. He knows the headmaster, you see. Well, you know his opinion of Dumbledore- the man's such a Mudblood-lover-"

"Draco" I interrupt, raising my eyebrows. I hate the word 'Mudblood'

"Sorry. Anyway, Durmstrang doesn't admit that sort of riff-raff. But Mother didn't like the idea of me going to a school so far away. Father says Durmstrang takes a far more sensible line than Hogwarts about the Dark Arts. Durmstrang students actually learn them, not just the defense rubbish we do..."

Draco filled me in on the Triwizard tournament, and how they were doing it at Hogwarts.

A few hours later, I go to the toilet. When I get back, Draco, Crabbe and Goyle are gone. I obviously know where they are. I go to Harry, Ron and Hermione's compartment and stand outside of the door, out of sight.

"We saw him right up close as well" Ron says. I'm guessing he's talking about Viktor Krum "we were in the top box-"

"For the first and last time in your life, Weasley." Draco spoke. Crabbe and Goyle stood menacingly behind him. I roll my eyes, still hidden.

"Don't remember asking you to join us, Malfoy" Harry said. I could hear the anger in his voice.

"Shame Potter. Anybody would want my company. Ask your sister. So... going to enter, Weasley? Going to try and bring a bit of glory to the family name? There's money involved as well, you know...you'd be able to afford some decent clothes if you won..."

"What are you talking about?" Ron snapped

"Are you going to enter?" Draco repeats "I suppose you will, Potter? You never miss a chance to show off, do you?"

"Either explain what you're going on about or go away, Malfoy" Hermione snapped.

Draco grins "don't tell me you don't know?" He says delightedly. "You've got a father and brother at the ministry and you don't even know?  My god, my father told me about it ages ago... heard it from Cornelius Fudge. But then, father's always associated with the top people at the Ministry...maybe your father's to junior to know about it, Weasley...yes...they probably don't talk about more important stuff in front of him..."

Harry stands up "How my sister is friends with you, Malfoy, I have no idea"

Draco laughs "Because I'm better than you ever will be, Potter. And she knows it"

I roll my eyes and step into the compartment with my eyebrows raised before Harry could smack Draco.

I look at Draco and he looks slightly scared. Only slightly. "What did I write to you about, Draco?" I tilt my head to the side.

"That was about you, not-"

I sigh and drag him by his collar out of the compartment, calling to Harry behind me. "I'll see you at the feast!" I see him, Ron and Hermione smirking.

Draco complains as I shove him lightly into our compartment and sit down. I give Crabbe and Goyle a look and they leave. "Really, Malfoy?"

He grins sheepishly.

"Well, you were kind of funny..." I say, not bothering to hide my smile

"Wait, you heard it? Everything?"

"Everything." I repeat. "You were hilarious. Just tone it down a bit..."