Chapter one; The Forest Meeting

It was a foggy morning in the forest, the birds weren't chirping like they normally would. It was as if time had completely froze; the only sounds to be heard was the breeze making the leaves blow and the running of water in the distance. The boy with shoulder length dark brown hair, dark green eyes that looked like emeralds in the night, and pale skin had sat down on a log that was resting in the opening of the forest. He was supposed to be looking for others but he decided to sit down and write in a notebook he carried with him. The boy kept writing until he got bored and noticed that it was already starting to get late as he said to himself, "time flies here I forgot about that.." he let out a sigh as he stood up. After he got up something caught his attention, it was a boy wearing all black. The other boy had olive skin, black shaggy hair that went to his shoulders, black eyes that looked like the void itself. The other boy had an eerie presence almost like a sense of death and despair. The boy walked over to the other boy and decided to talk to him, "Hey it's rather dark isn't it?". The other boy did not respond as he looked at the boy but he decided to say something, "I suppose so.", his voice was soft and nonchalant. The boy smiled slightly as he stepped closer to the other boy. "Well I'm Jasper, Jasper Woods. What's your name?." The boy said with a curious tone as he held out his hand for the other to shake. "Ah I'm Void, Void Levion. It's nice to meet you Jasper." He shook Jasper's hand, his hand felt soft but cold. Jasper's hand felt like clay but it was cold. His eyes looked Void up and down as he slightly smiled as he was about to speak but Void cut him off. "So what are you doing out here?." He couldn't help but drop void's hand as he replied "Oh I was just drawing and writing stuff down, what about you?" his voice sounded a bit shaky and unsure. "I was just walking around to try finding my brother." Void replied with a deadpan expression as if he found none of this strange or important. "That's a good reason to be out here, say what does he look like I might've seen him around?" he smiled as he was trying to be helpful as to not startle void since he liked to get to know his victims. Void looked away from Jasper for a moment but he looked back as he replied. "You probably didn't see him as he doesn't come this deep into the forest." he slightly sighed "he's scared of the paranormal creatures like I don't know skinwalkers or wendigos? I think that's what they're called." he pulled out a box of cigarettes and a lighter. Jasper looked at him as he spoke, he was intrigued by his victim as he decided to speak back. "I would be scared of them too. I mean don't those creatures have sharp teeth? They look like they could easily eat you in like two bites" he let out a nervous laugh as he looked away, he didn't really want void to find out about him not being a human. "Well, where are you from? If you don't mind me asking obviously" he slightly smiled as he decided to start walking by void. "I'm from Toronto, Canada to be exact. Where are you from?" he followed behind Jasper as he lit a cigarette. "I'm from Dallas, Texas. I moved up here when I was two" he watched as void smoked cigarettes but he didn't decide to stop him as he never understood what those things did. As it got darker it also grew colder but neither of them had a flashlight. Jasper looked at void with a slight smile as he got closer. "So void don't you think that you should head home?" He kept looking at void. "Sure I guess." Void replied with a sigh as he turned around and walked back towards the way they came. Just then Jasper grabbed his knife and decided to try stabbing void but as soon as he was about to void turned around and saw the knife. He instantly backed up and grabbed his pocket knife, he then raised his voice "you were going to kill me?!" Jasper didn't know what to say so he just looked the other way as void approached him and slapped him "You bitch! I can't believe I was going to trust you!" He ran away from Jasper into the darkness of the night only being guided by a small light from the moon. Jasper ran after him, his footsteps quiet as if he was floating but he wasn't. He tackled void and put the knife to his throat. "Don't you dare think of moving." he growled lowly as he put the knife a little closer into his throat. Void kicked him off as he had a bit of a sore throat now. "Your fucking insane." he backed away then ran again this time running for the road since he could hear the cars passing by. Jasper tried to grab him again but Void was running too fast for him to catch him. Void had finally gotten away and made it back home, leaving Jasper alone in the middle of the forest.