Chapter Five Part Three; The Blackhole and The Star

Void and Star were walking around the forest until they made it to an open field. Void looked over at Star, "This could be a good area to explore or practice if you want to learn how to control your powers." he had a monotone voice as he looked at Star waiting for an answer. "Are you sure? What if I destroy something or even worse what if I hurt you?." He looked worried as he looked at Void. "It'll be fine if you do. After all we both have unknown powers." he sighed as he walked down to the field. Star followed him as he looked back for a moment, he didn't know how to feel about this at all. "Well I'm still worried about Suki. What if he can't protect himself if anything happens? What if-" Void cut him off "Listen I get it you and him became attached to each other but you shouldn't be dependent on him and he shouldn't be dependent on you. After all no one lives forever so just suck it up." He said with a sigh as he gave star a glare as he grabbed star's wrist a bit as he dragged him to the field. Star decided to give in and walk with Void as he unconsciously held Void's hand. Void didn't really care since he didn't really think much of it so he held Star's hand as well. After finally making it down to the field they sat down and void looked at star. "I forgot my lighter at home so do you think you could use your powers to light up a cigarette?." He pulled out a cigarette as he held it near star's hand. "Uhm sure?" He looked at Void as he made his body temperature rise as he thought of things that made him mad. The cigarette lit up after a few seconds, void lit another cigarette for Star. Obliviously Star took it and blew it as he laid down in the grass. "Well now what? I mean it's late at night and it's dark." Star said as he coughed a bit. "We can do anything, maybe you can fly? I don't know what powers you have." Void shrugged as he rolled over to face Star. "That would be pretty cool if I could fly. How about we test that out." he stood up as he put his hand out for Void to grab. Star doing that surprised Void as he never got help with anything other than the one time but he grabbed Star's hand. When their hands touched it felt like heaven, the cold met the warm, the darkness had met the light, the blackhole met the brightest star, death had met life. It felt like they were floating already as they held hands but in reality they weren't moving at all. Everything felt like a blur until they let go of each-other's hands. They both backed away with a look of shock on their faces as they looked down at their hands. "Woah" Star said as he was still in shock while he looked at Void. "Maybe we weren't meant to do that." Void said as he looked worried for once. It was like he found out a big secret that could change everything and that face that void had on made Star worried and concerned as he backed away from Void. "What are you?." Void asked as he backed away with a bit of fear on his face as he looked down at Star's hands that had the glow marks permanently stained there. It felt like Void had struck a nerve when he asked that question as Star backed away. "What do you mean? I'm me.." Star said as he backed away from Void. "Those burns on that guy..they weren't from fire were they?." Void felt fear for the first time as he backed away from Star. Star started to cry a bit as he backed away from Void, he felt overwhelmed by everything. Every small sound like leaves falling,water running, the wind blowing had made Star more overwhelmed. He couldn't take it anymore he just backed away from Void and ran off. Void snapped out of it as he ran after Star "wait! I didn't mean it! Please listen to me!" He tried to catch up to Star but he couldn't run that fast as he tripped over a tree root that was sticking up. Void fell and slammed his face into the ground which knocked him unconscious. Star didn't notice as he kept running away, he didn't know where he was going but he just ran. Void had a big gash on his right eye but thankfully it didn't blind him. As he was still unconscious in the depths of the forest footsteps we're approaching.