Chapter 21

Jimin cleared his throat, a subtle unease in the air as he looked away, trying to mask the discomfort. The shimmering tears in your eyes slowly gathered, tracing a delicate path down your cheeks. Recognizing your distress, he fetched a tissue and extended it to you, a silent offer of solace. With a respectful bow, you accepted it, cradling the tissue in both of your hands.

In an attempt to diffuse the tension, Jimin spoke up with a hint of remorse,  "I knew Jeon Jungkook is a ruthless person but I never expected you to go through those worse moments. I'm sorry," he offered an apology.

You, however, responded with a gentle shake of your head, rejecting any need for apology on his part.

"No sir, you have no mistake in this to apologise, it should be me for making things harder for you. I think I should leave. I don't want to burden you any longer, the more I stay here the more trouble follows you," you conveyed with a sincerity. As you rose to depart, your intention met an unexpected resistance: Jimin's firm grasp on your wrist, a silent plea for you to stay.

"Wait! Please don't go. It's not safe for you outside. Stay here until I can find a better place for you," you shook your head, reluctant to accept his concern, but he remained adamant, determined not to leave you alone.

"You have a child with you. Remember that. You need to protect her. Stay here and work as a maid for now. If you don't want to be just a guest, work here, earn your keep, and stay with me until I can find a better place for you," his mention of your child gave you pause, and his offer didn't sound bad at all. You wouldn't stay for free; you were willing to work and earn your keep.

"Why are you doing this?" you asked, steering the conversation off course. Jimin seemed momentarily surprised, searching for an answer.

"I don't know; I just want to help you," he replied simply, causing your heart to skip a beat. You coughed, breaking the intense eye contact.

"Yeah.....You can work here starting from today. You can visit anywhere you want, I will inform the head staff about you," he says leaving the room after some awkward moments.
___

As you explored the expansive mansion, your main goal was to gather information, preparing for any potential escape if you are handed back to Jungkook's clutches. Despite a lack of suspicion towards Jimin, his role as a commander left a lingering caution, considering the inherent cruelty within their ranks.

The head maid stepped in, guiding you through your tasks within the household. She outlined your duties, including cooking, serving, cleaning, and laundry, with each maid responsible for a specific set of chores on designated days. You nodded, absorbing the details with a small, appreciative smile.

In the following weeks, you approached your work diligently, always keeping a watchful eye on your surroundings. Over time, you began to realize that Jimin wasn't as harsh as you initially feared. While he remained occupied with office duties most of the time, whenever he had a moment or passed by, he greeted you with a warm smile. Initially, you stared blankly, unsure how to respond, but as days passed, you found yourself reciprocating his smiles.

One day, Ami's cries echoed loudly, prompting you to rush to your room in concern. To your surprise, your eyes widened as you found Jimin cradling your baby, soothing her with sweet words until she peacefully drifted off to sleep. A warm, involuntary smile spread across your face as you watched him tenderly care for Ami.

In another revealing moment that showcased Jimin's helpful nature, you observed how he genuinely cared for all the staff, treating them with respect. As you quietly watched him, your admiration for him grew. It struck you that the people in Busan were truly fortunate to have such a considerate commander.

On your designated day to clean Jimin's room, you approached the task with a deep breath and sleeves rolled up. Holding a bucket of detergent water and a mop, you entered his room, preparing for your cleaning duties. With deliberate care, you sank the mop into the soapy water and, after squeezing out the excess liquid, placed it on the floor. Moving systematically, you mopped every inch of the room, ensuring each corner received meticulous attention.

As you approached the bathroom floor during your cleaning duties, the door unexpectedly swung open, causing you to flinch and let out a startled scream. The sudden fright led to a slippery misstep, and you found yourself slipping on the wet floor. Jimin's eyes widened in surprise as he entered his room from the bathroom to witness the scene unfolding. Acting swiftly, he reached out, grasping your waist to prevent a complete fall, but both of you ended up slipping together, landing on the floor with a heavy thud. Your head bumped against his chest, eliciting a wince of pain as you briefly locked eyes with Jimin, who was now beneath you.

After a few moments, you gathered yourself and stood up, apologizing for the unexpected intrusion.

"I'm sorry. I was cleaning your room and I didn't see you sir. I'm sorry-"

Jimin gets up with a groan and stretched his back, bending his arms trying to ease the pain resulting from the rough impact on the floor.

"It's nothing Miss. Y/n. Just be careful," As he reached for a robe from the wardrobe, you averted your gaze, suddenly embarrassed after realizing his state of partial undress.

"I'm sorry Sir. I will leave-"

"Can you apply the ointment on my back? It hurts," Jimin's voice brought you to a hesitant stop, and you turned around to meet his gaze, a mixture of nervousness and panic on your face. Tentatively nodding, you stepped forward, grabbing the ointment. As you squeezed the medicine onto your fingertip, your cheeks turned red at the sight of Jimin's shirtless form. The only time you had encountered such a scene was when you tended to Hoseok after a harsh punishment from Jungkook. Now, unexpectedly, you found yourself in a similar situation with another man.

Carefully, you began applying the ointment to Jimin's back, your attention focused on the task at hand. Jimin's eyes followed your movements, and a subtle smirk appeared on his face. He couldn't pinpoint where he found the courage, but he knew he wanted you to do it.

"I think I've applied it to the wounds, is it okay for you?" you sought confirmation, and Jimin nodded. Offering a small smile, you handed him the ointment, your nervous demeanor evident as you left the room. Jimin's gaze lingered on you, a slight smile playing on his lips as he turned his attention back to the ointment.

___

Update