Chapter 18

"place the heated rod on her feet,"

"No! Stop!" Hoseok cried in anguish as he tried to yank the iron chain refraining him from reaching you and drawing blood on his bruised wrist.

The rod is withdrawn from your palm earning a grunt of pain inflicted on your burned-red palms. Without giving you a moment to think another heated rod was placed under your bare feet making you wail with surreal anguish of misery.

Jungkook's lips curved into an evil smirk satisfied with the reaction he got from you. His gaze moved towards the desperately screaming husband with mockery covering his face.

"This is what happened to those street dirt's mother when Jung failed to open his mouth at the right time,"

"Please stop I will confess! Please just stop harming her!" Hoseok accepts as he takes a heavy breath, painfully watching your crying face.

"Pull it away," Jungkook orders instantly and the guard yanks off the rod from your feet making you jerk with a moment of scream from the burned flesh.

"Now you sound more like an ordinary human," Jungkook giggles and stands before Hoseok.

"Tell me,"

"I was taken as a hostage for some team who train us and make us ready for work," Hoseok spoke weakly, each word carrying the burden of pain.

Jungkook's frown deepened as he heard the same scenario being said by the previous man whom he slaughtered.

"What is the purpose of this organisation?"

"I don't know. Since I was new to that place I had no idea what was actually going inside and under whom it runs. All I did was be trained as per their commands and do the work allocated work assigned by them. My first work was to guard at the line of territory," His sentences were fragmented, punctuated by pauses to catch their breath, and the wince they couldn't conceal revealed the extent of their injuries.

Brows furrowed, Jungkook stared into the distance, a subtle frown etching across their face as thoughts swirled in their mind. Deep in contemplation, he traced the lines of their own confusion, each crease on his forehead mirroring the complexities of their inner reflections. His gaze shifts to Jackson and asks to clear his doubts.

"Are you sure he is telling the truth?"

"These seem to be the truth but I feel like he is indeed hiding a few things," Jackson skillfully says after studying Hoseok and his answers.

"Hm" Jungkook nods his head and turns his head to look at the beaten Man.

"Don't kill him, we need more from him. Let's try to extract more answers from him,"

Jungkook says satisfied with what he procured using you as a tool. He then looks at you who sat on the chair void of emotions, dried tears, and throat too sore from crying. A small tint of guilt masks his face when he notices your burned feet and palms. Honestly, he never had a thought of hurting you nor did he expect things would turn this extreme.

He bends down and untied the ropes from your wrists and ankles. Fingers slightly caressing the burned feet before scooping you up in his arms.

"Don't worry about your honey because I will take good care of her," he sneakily smirks. Hoseok tightened his fist and smacked the floor.

"Continue, " he orders Jackson before taking his leave from the room.

"Don't you dare touch her you bastard!"

_________________________________________

Jungkook left you in your old room with a few medical teams to assist you in clearing your wounds and treating them. Your palms and feet are bandaged, preventing you from doing normal chores of work. You can no longer eat and walk without the help of an external person.

"So you escaped huh?" the voice is that annoying woman rang through your ears, disturbing your peace of mind. You opened your eyes and looked at the arrogant old woman leaning on the doorframe.

"you would have got a better escape only if you obediently died at the hands of my men," she shrugs while eyeing you with disgust.

Suddenly a glass cup was thrown aimed at her but it hit the wall and cracked into pieces due to her impulse dodge.

"Are you crazy bitch-"

Another knife was thrown which landed right beside her, striking into the wall and sliding down. She looks at you with a horrified expression as her heartbeat quickens its pace.

Your eyes narrowed into an intense glare, a steely gaze that bore into the target with undisguised disapproval. Lips pressed into a tight line, their expression communicated silent but powerful displeasure, leaving no room for misinterpretation.

Fingers curled tightly around the glass, knuckles turning white as the your hands gripped it with an unsettling intensity. The air crackled with tension as you held the vessel, ready to unleash its contents in a fit of anger. The dangerous gleam in their eyes mirrored the imminent release of pent-up emotions, making the atmosphere charged with the impending action.

"How dare you show your ugly face to me after what you have done!" you grit and throw the glass aiming straight at her. The old woman screams covering her face but a hand skillfully catches the glass cup before it can hit the woman.

Mrs Jeon opened her eyes and looked at her son holding the glass as his gaze remained still on you.

"Jungkook! That bitch tried to kill me. You have to get her punished for this crime. You saw it with your eyes right?" she desperately asks him as if she had finally got her new excuse to banish you.

"Mom you shouldn't have made your presence here. You know you tried to harm her before yet you show up and make yourself in trouble. Leave," he sternly says which stunned Mrs Jeon. She shuts her mouth without sparing any words and storms away from your room.

"You saved your mother now but it won't be the last. I will kill her and you for bringing harm to my family," your cold and vengeful laced voice made Jungkook laugh.

"I would love to see you try because your husband and your child is still in my hands. Do something to my mother and me yet again then you will see the worse of me understood?" his casual threat made you scoff. You snapped your head to the side not wanting to look at his vicious evil eyes.

_________________________________________

Update after a long time