𝗘𝗬𝗘𝗦 𝗢𝗣𝗘𝗡

BOOK: eyes open

BOOK: eyes open

MOVIE / SHOW: the hunger games (2012), catching fire (2013), mockingjay part 1 (2014), mockingjay part 2 (2015)

PAIRING: oc x reader

FANCAST:

will poulter

SUMMARY:

Y/n Plinth has grown up in district three with her mother, her father and eventually, her little brother. When she was about six years old, not too long after her little brother was born, her father died in the factory one day, leaving her to look after her mother and brother.

Every year, she always promised her little brother that she wouldn't be picked, knowing how scared he was of her name being called. Unfortunately, that promise broke during the seventy-forth hunger games when Y/n's name was called out.

The girl always heard stories of her grandfather and how her mother had never been able to meet him because he had been executed before she was born. She knew he was quite young when he got with her grandmother, unknowingly creating her mother one night. He hadn't even known about the baby in her when he was killed.

She was always told how similar she was to her grandfather, from how much she hated the hunger games and how much she tried to help people as best as she could. When she's reaped for the seventy-forth year, Y/n finds herself meeting the president's grandson.

Blanchard Snow has never liked watching the games, yet his grandfather has always made him watch it. Ever since he was little, he'd always hear from his parents how lucky he was that he wasn't in the same situation other kids his age that lived in the districts were in.

As he got older, his grandfather wanted him to more involved and learn more of what he did. That's why he would be with Coriolanus every time the games go on. However, this year, he decided for himself to meet the tributes personally.

More specifically, he wanted to meet the female tribute from district three.

Coriolanus occasionally saw himself in his grandson... the good parts. He saw his reaction to when she was picked and reaped, the same reaction and thoughts he had when he watched his tribute be picked during the tenth, being the same age his grandson was in now.

And when Blanchard meets her, he's determined to help her win in anyway as she forms an alliance with the tributes from district twelve.

And the president's past comes back to haunt him.