𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗪𝗔𝗥

BOOK: love and war

BOOK: love and war

MOVIE / SHOW: the hunger games (2012), catching fire (2013), mockingjay part 1 (2014), mockingjay part 2 (2015)

PAIRING: peeta mellark x reader

SUMMARY:

Growing up, Y/n Gray would listen to the stories from her father about her grandmother. She would be told how similar she was to the woman who was loved by many until she up and disappeared all of a sudden without any word to the rest of her loved ones.

Y/n loved hearing the story of how her father traveled with the covey before he stopped and stayed in their home district, district ten, after he fell in love with her mother. The covey had pretty much raised him since his mother, the girl's grandmother, died when he was quite young.

He never remembered much, though he always remembered her smile and her singing. Her accented voice singing along to the strum of the guitar. He knew she was a victor of the hunger games and he always feared that his daughter would be in the same position her grandmother was in and be a tribute that could possibly die in the arena.

His nightmare comes to life when her name is called out for the seventy-forth hunger games, many years after the tenth. Y/n never expected she'd form an alliance with two tributes from the same district, especially growing feelings for one.

Peeta Mellark had always thought his feelings were for the same girl that came with him, but after he met the girl from district ten, the girl that he was supposed to kill in the arena, his feelings change drastically and he finds himself wanting to protect her.

And he's determined to get her to win, even if it meant he had to die.

All while Coriolanus Snow wants her killed because of how much she reminds her of her, all starting from that rainbow dress.