Dressed to Impress

The silence scorched my soul and I was on edge trying to know what was going down. This was so puzzling! Of all the persons involved, they thought that Mummy was the one who killed him? Absurd! And to add to that, this man is keeping me  out of it all. But, I held my composure and let him do things 'His' way. 

I definitely learnt something from the last time he held back information from me. It must  have been something really big that he deemed too much for me to process and I surely trusted his judgement. 'Ano like yaa've a choice stillz' my subconsciousness added .

2 days later

He had been fidgety all morning. He ensured the place was sparkling clean, without a speck of dust or smudge anywhere. You could've sworn he was about to auction the place. All his colleagues were here, from TP right down to Wallace. He was super stressed so I knew he needed them around to distract him a bit.

I just got off the phone with Kelly and Charity who were about to start their adventure at Disney World all courtesy of Reign.

'Poor child need fi get har mind offa this whole mess!' So I was really glad that he came up with the idea.

"C... wi have company yere!" Reign flashed me as he walked off conversing on the phone. He had changed. At first, he was in his white Tees and a ripped blue jeans shorts , but now he was in a light blue buttoned shirt with white, orange and yellow floral patterns on the sleeves and pockets, along with a white fitted pants paired with his white Vanns. 'Dress lacka Puss Backfoot!' and to compliment it all, he had on his black and gold Robert Dubuis watch. 'Kaka! a who him a try impress!'

"Wa... Wait! who?" I asked puzzled. He didn't even glimpse back, he went full speed ahead and so did the rest of the his crew.

'The fuckkkk!' it couldn't have been anyone of the usual persons, he didn't inform me they were coming, but the fact that he changed then singled this one out means it must have been a stranger. Someone important perhaps.....a male....female???

"Like seriously Reign!" I shouted as I went upstairs to change. What I had on could've cut it but I wanted to pull on something a bit more elegant and charming just incase I had to be the charmer of the day, 'cause Reign cyaan seem fi wol him mouth none tall!' Which I totally understood. Plus I couldn't let Reign or the other 'person' out do me!

Reign's POV

'Mi glad Charity deh far away from all a dis, jus incase shit go sideways todeh!'

"Every man wol dem place!" I warned before he drove up to the house. " and ere mi a seh nuh! Nuh-bady..... and mi mean NOBODY...... no mek a premature move! Any awdaz a mi alone fi mek! Not even C....Meeeee!"

With that being said, everyone briskly moved. Who was to disappear did so and only three remained in sight. Tp, M&M and Wallace, despite of his ways. I glanced around to see if Cassidy was there, but she wasn't. 'She probly gone change cause C fussy!'  I chuckled to myself.

The cars swooped in one by one and I was about done and  ready to get this over with! 'Mama P need fi come out now .... Jah jah !'

"Showtime !" I nodded then stepped out front to greet him. he slowly stepped out of the car and you could tell he had a bad knee with that first step. I made a personal note in my head. 

'Right knee, possibly ankle too...Noted!' These details were necessary to know and might definitely come in handy. His dad taught me that.

He wore a mauve long sleeved button shirt that was tucked in his neatly tailored navy blue pants. His black leather shoes shone to the exposure of light, burnished thoroughly giving a sense of militancy. To complete his look, he wore a gold Movado watch. 'di swag run inna the blood ...dawg sharp... naa lie!'

He grinned pleasingly and his head bobbed around taking in the full view of the property, while leaning on the door of the opened Toyota Sequoia. The other men aligned themselves beside him looking sharp and alert.

"But yuh do good fi yuh self man Fam!" He said while slowing stepping towards me. "That is.... Despite the odds of childhood!"

'Di fuck him just seh?' I questioned myself. Tp who was grilling at the eve of the garage slammed the pan shut and I gathered my thoughts right away. 'Nuh able him guh go off in ya!'

Forcing a hearty laugh out, I answered saying, "Given the circumstances you could say.... well yes! ... Famo!"

We both laughed and you could choke on the toxic gases we both emitted.

"A  tour shall we?" he asked and with that I nodded my head yes.

Casidy's POV

'Mi just glad mi reorganize my closet eno!' or else it would've been a huge disaster. 

'Purrrrfect!'

'Purrrrfect!'

Just a little Lip color and your girl was looking all classy and sweet. This surely would do!

I carefully stepped towards the staircase when I heard a familiar voice coming from the kitchen. 

'Reign mussi lick him head.... eeda dat or mi a hear doubles!'

 I  regained myself by exercising the techniques of a new affirmation audio I recently started listening to. 

'Breathe in....  hold it....two, three, four , five...... Breathe out .... four , three, two and one...'  I wasn't sure how long this technique could have lasted but i and holding on to the tiny speck of hope that it will. Besides, 'probly ano him!'

Slowly making my way down one step at a time, I reached mid-way the staircase as my suspicions were confirmed. It was the Devil himself, talking to Reign as if it was a Family Reunion.

'What are they up to?' I was puzzled. The last time I checked, he was the one that disrupted 'MY... WEDDING' to arrest 'MY... MOTHER', so how Reign come a chum up with him??? And him with Reign? 'Sup'm no right and gawd know mi a find out tideh!'

******************************************

HELLO MY LOVELIES!!!!!! GUESS WHAT??? WE'RE BACK!!!!!!!

It's long over due and I do apologize for the absence throughout the year. 

Thank you to all who kept messaging and checking up on me and all those who kept on sharing and re-reading ! I truly love and appreciate you all!

Just like Casidy, ya girl's been going through it and bwoiii... 2023 was a year! So, I took the time to self reflect and work on me and it truly worked. I am back with fresh new ideas to share with you. 

As always! I am open to your feedback, so give it to me! Don't stop!