Homemade

The first thing Gail hears as she unlocks the door is laughter walking in after closing the door, hanging up her key, and putting her purse down to see you at the kitchen island across from her parents. You had met each other's families but didn't really get to spend a good amount of time with them to get to know them properly so it was a surprise to see them with you, you were off from work and just cleaning the house when you heard a knock on the door answering it to see her parents who decided to get to know you and had also brought homemade food with them and had lunch together on the back porch which was a great time and the homemade meal of pasta and chicken was absolutely wonderful and you kept the homemade cake they brought in the fridge waiting for gail to come home smiling when you see her out of the corner of your eye and the smile grows seeing her with her parents. You grab the cake from the fridge while gail talks with her parents turning when her dad taps her shoulder only to lean close and whisper in her ear "She's absolutely wonderful and if you don't marry her I will yell from the rooftops why you should" she smiles big and laughs which you see as you turn from the fridge not knowing what was said or anything as the four of you joke and talk in between bites of cake and sips of soda or juice, you smile sweetly holding flowers for gail's mom who is surprised to see you on her doorstep being pulled into a warm hug by both her parents before you were cooking in the kitchen with her mom while her dad worked outside going home after spending the rest of the day with them walking in where gail is on the phone with her mom who tells her of the day that you all had together leaving gail a puddle on the floor with how much she fell in love with you all over again immediately planning to find a ring to propose to you with that next week while you were out of town.