Epilogue

The letter arrived in Pinkie's mail two weeks later. She wasn't sure how Rainbow could have gotten her address, but it said to meet in the clearing at 6:00pm. So she went, and waited for Rainbow to show up, hoping that it wasn't a trick.

The woods seemed more intense when she was all alone. Pinkie was hyperaware of everything, from the birds in the trees to a snail moving past slowly to the way that one tree seemed to have a face--

"Um, hey," a voice said softly. Pinkie shrieked and jumped away before realising that it was Rainbow, shuffling and looking nervous.

"Oh, hi," Pinkie said awkwardly.

"Thanks for showing up," Rainbow mumbled. "I wasn't sure if you'd come."

Pinkie hummed noncommittally. She couldn't think of anything to say.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry. For betraying and lying to you, I mean. And the other girls too. But mostly you," Rainbow rambled.

"I messed up. And I know that you probably hate me and think I'm an awful person, but--" Rainbow was cut off by Pinkie hugging her.

"I don't hate you," she said. "You were in a bad situation and just doing what you were told. That doesn't make you a bad person. If you want to be friends, I'm more than willing."

Rainbow was silent for a moment before speaking. "Thank you," she said.

"What are you going to do now? Your apartment was pretty destroyed..."

"We fixed it," Rainbow shrugged. "Aria's been taking charge. Convinced the landlord not to kick us out and everything,"

"And Adagio?" Pinkie asked. 

"She's doing better. I don't think she ever meant to hurt us, but it doesn't excuse all the stuff she did. We've agreed on family therapy, if there's anyone who would actually take us."

"I'm sure you'll find something. Maybe Twilight will have recommendations,"

Rainbow gave Pinkie a wry smile. "I get the feeling your friends aren't our biggest fans."

"She'd help if I asked,"

"Maybe,"

They were silent for a few moments before Pinkie spoke. "I should get going," she said guiltily. "It's starting to get late."

Rainbow nodded. "I should too. Sonata will be mad if I don't get home before 9:00,"

"We could see each other soon? Maybe next week? There's this new coffee shop--"

It was Rainbow's turn to cut Pinkie off now. She put a finger to Pinkie's lips and smiled. "That sounds great. We can work out the details later,"

"Okay!" Pinkie grinned. She felt like she was flying all the way home.

And that's a wrap! It's taken me almost four years to finish this, but it's finally done. In that time, I have moved schools two times, moved countries one time, and gained a whole new family member. Thank you everyone for sticking with me, even on multiple hiatuses and breaks. I am no longer involved in the MLP fandom, so there will not likely be any new MLP fics, but I may be writing Percy Jackson or Ninjago depending on my schedule. Happy (late) New Year!