Chapter 16

Okay, I lied. It's pretty likely that next chapter will be the epilogue, even though I don't know when that will get written. I got this out because of a sudden burst of inspiration, but when the next one will be is anyone's guess. I definitely feel like this chapter could be more slow paced, but since I can't think of anything else to add this is what you get. Maybe it'll get rewritten in the future, maybe not. Also, warning for incoming feels.

Well, that was unexpected. Some tiny part of Pinkie's brain thought. The rest of it was screaming in panic and surprise, because they had been spotted.

"YOU!" Adagio screamed. Her face was red and blotchy with anger.

"Um, hey, 'Dagi. Don't mind us, we were just... passing through." Rainbow stuttered out. 

"YOU DID THIS! YOU TURNED EVERYONE AGAINST ME!"  Adagio ranted.

"You're wrong." Aria snorted. They had been quiet for only a few minutes, but Pinkie had almost forgotten about the other two sisters. "You turned us against yourself."

Sonata nodded. "Yeah! With all your yelling and screaming and treating us like your servants."

"You don't have a say in this." The oldest Siren growled. "I did what I had to do."

The other girls were frozen with shock, watching the scene like a soccer game.

"Um, guys? I don't think we should be here," Pinkie whispered. Nobody responded.

"You treat us like dirt! We're your sisters," Aria yelled back. Her eyes were watery.

Rainbow was looking at the scene with wide eyes. She clearly hadn't expected any of this, least of all her sisters betraying Adagio. A confrontation, sure, but not a full blown verbal argument.

"Andante! Get down here. We need to knock some sense into your sister." Aria snapped.

Rainbow-slash-Andante obliged and carefully made her way down to the clearing.

Adagio started screaming. "Knock some sense into me? What does that even mean? I am making perfect sense!"

"No, you're not. You keep saying that we have to go back to Equestria, but for what? We don't really need negative energy to live, everyone there hated us, and we've been here for so long that everything's going to be different now! There's nothing left for us there!" Sonata started crying.

"BECAUSE OUR PARENTS ARE THERE! THEY ABANDONED US AND I NEED TO MAKE THEM PAY!" Adagio screamed.

"I HAD TO TAKE CARE OF ALL OF YOU ON MY OWN! PARENTS ARE SUPPOSED TO LOVE THEIR KIDS, BUT THEY LEFT US BEHIND!"

"Adagio..." Rainbow said softly. "It's not your fault. They left us behind, yeah, but as stupid as it sounds, we have each other."

Adagio's eyes were red. "You don't understand. None of you remember them well, but I do. They left us and I had to be the leader, because if I wasn't, who would take care of you?"

"We should go now." Pinkie said. She grabbed everyone and started pushing them back to the car. "This isn't our business."

--------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow watched them leave. Thank you, she wanted to say to Pinkie, but her mouth wouldn't work. Pinkie seemed to get the message anyway, and she nodded sadly as they left.

Aria had a stern look on her face. "Adagio. Listen to me. It's not anyone's fault that our parents suck, but you can't treat people like you did. You need to understand that,"

"I know," Adagio murmured. It was strange to see the normally brash Siren so subdued.

"We don't need to -- no, can't go back to Equestria. We have a good life here. You really want to throw that away? Especially for two people that didn't care anyway?" Sonata said.

"No. You're right, all of you. I shouldn't have done the things I have. I'm sorry."

"Actions speak louder than words," Rainbow recited. "And the first action you can do is help us clean up the mess back at home."

"Yeah, okay." Adagio sighed.

"Come on, then. Get up. And I'm not cleaning up all the broken glass."

"Of course not." Adagio had a faint smile on her face.

"And you have to take us out for ice cream after," Sonata added.

"Yes ma'am."

"And you have to go on a movie marathon with us." Aria smirked.

"Whatever you say," Adagio rolled her eyes, but Rainbow could tell she didn't mean it.

"C'mon then. Let's go home."