Chapter 15

Hi everyone, sorry for not updating in a while. I've been busy with school, but I finally found the time to write this out. There will probably be two or three more chapters after this and maybe an epilogue, but I can't promise anything. Thank you for being so patient with me, enjoy the chapter!

Outside the room was chaos. Furniture had been overturned, there were scuff marks on the floor, and there was plenty of shattered glass. Fluttershy, Twilight and Rainbow were fighting Adagio -- but the other two Sirens were nowhere to be seen.

"Where are the other two? There are three of them, aren't there?" Pinkie gasped.

"I don't know, but at least we've got one of them." Rarity said.

"Um, a little help here?" Twilight yelled. They had gotten Adagio pinned to the floor, but she was still struggling.

"I've got it." AppleJack walked over and carefully tied Adagio's hands behind her back. "Y'all have got a concerning amount of rope."

"It's practical!" Rainbow flushed.

"Let me out, you slimy, uncivilised worms!" Adagio shrieked.

"Why don't you be quiet?" Sunset frowned.

"Oh? Because if I am quiet, you won't know where my sisters are, will you?" Adagio sneered.

"Alright, fine. Where are our sisters, Adagio?" Rainbow snapped.

"There is no 'we' anymore, you traitor."

"Whatever." Rainbow rolled her eyes, but Pinkie could see she was hurt. She may have been a jerk, but it had to be hard to lose your entire family like that.

"Just tell us where they are." Sunset frowned.

The Siren laughed. "Hmm, don't think I will. By the way, you should really keep an eye on your hostages properly. Just a little tip," She held up the remains of her bonds. "Ta-ta!" She jumped out the window before any of them could react.

"Wha- how? " Twilight ran to the window. There was no sign of Adagio anywhere.

"There's no way she could have survived that," Fluttershy said softly.

"She has her ways," Rainbow frowned. "trust me, she's alive. And probably enacting phase two of her evil plan."

"Well, then we have to hurry! Where could she have gone?" Rarity exclaimed.

"There's an old clearing in the woods behind CHS. We were planning on opening a portal to Equestria there, but I'm not sure if that information is still true." Rainbow said.

"It's our only lead," Twilight decided. "We have to go there."

"But what if we're wrong? By the time we really figured it out, they could be gone." AppleJack pointed out.

Pinkie sighed sadly. "Do we really have a choice? Twilight's right. It's our only lead."

"Then let's go!" Sunset pushed everyone out the door. "We have to hurry,"

--------------------------------------------------------------

It took a long time to get back to school. Too long. Everyone was jumping out of the car before it even stopped.

"Come on!" Twilight exclaimed. "We have to hurry,"

"Which way?" AppleJack demanded.

"Left. We have to go off the path," Rainbow answered.

"Isn't that how people get horribly lost?" Fluttershy whispered.

"Do we really have a choice?" Rarity cried.

Sunset had a determined look on her face. "We don't have time to waste. Rarity's right -- we have no choice. Rainbow, lead the way."

They descended into the woods.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The woods were dark and extremely creepy. Rainbow could see strange shadows wherever she looked, and each one made her jump. Why had they chosen this place as their evil hideout again?

"How much longer?" Rarity asked. Her hair was dishevelled and from all the fighting and running.

"Just a bit more. Maybe five more minutes?"

Pinkie was muttering under her breath. Rainbow couldn't hear all of it, but she could catch some -- she was saying things like "stupid Sirens", and "wish I'd never met her,"

That last part hurt, but Rainbow supposed she deserved it. All the girls should hate her, really. It really was a surprise that they trusted her not to be leading them into a death trap. What would happen to her after this? There wasn't a prison for magic criminals, but they couldn't exactly let her walk free either. Maybe they would lock her in a basement or something. The logistics seemed a bit iffy, but it was possible. As it turned out, she was so lost in thought she didn't notice the tree in front of her.

"Ow!" Rainbow exclaimed as she slammed into the tree.

"Shhh!" Sunset put a finger to her lips. Oh-- they had arrived at the clearing. Thankfully, her sisters -- were they still her sisters? -- were there, seemingly arguing about something.

They could hear the conversation pretty well. The Sirens had never been the best at being quiet.

"--just a kid!" Aria was saying.

"She betrayed us," Adagio growled. They were talking about Rainbow.

"Maybe she was right? I mean, we don't even know if those girls' magic would have worked!" Sonata exclaimed.

"It doesn't matter!" Adagio exploded. "She betrayed us, so we have to make both her and those Rainbooms pay."

"She's our little sister." Aria shot back. Hey! Rainbow thought. She wasn't that much younger -- just a century or so.

"It. Doesn't. Matter." Adagio choked out. "You can either be with me, or against. Which is it?"

Sonata and Aria looked at each other. "Against," They said in unison.

Oh, snap. This is a plot twist. Rainbow groaned internally.