Chapter 14

Hi, I'm not dead. It's been over a year since the last update, but I finally found the time and motivation to update. You get an extra long chapter (or longer than usual) to make up for it. I've also gone back to the previous chapters and edited (fixed spelling and grammar).

Sunset was bored. She had been locked in this room for the past five hours or so, with nothing to do. Already she had learned all of the Sirens' evil plans, but there was no way to escape and tell her friends -- not unless she wanted to jump out the window, which was locked anyway.

"This is stupid. I helped save the world two times, but I can't get past a locked door? Seriously?"

She continued to wallow in her misery for a while longer, up until she heard crashing outside. Finally, her friends were here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pinkie wasn't smiling as she ran down the street, too shocked by Rainbow's betrayal to do anything but focus on saving Sunset. Was Rainbow even her real name? Pinkie doubted it. Everything else had been a lie -- there was no sense in making up a whole life story only to use your real name.

She tried to remember the Sirens' names. Something with an 'a', she was pretty sure. Aster? Acrylic? Asparagus? Nothing came up.

She was so deep in thought that she almost didn't notice when everyone skidded to a stop.

"Where are we running to? We don't even know where Sunset is!" AppleJack exclaimed.

"...away from Rainbow?" Flutttershy offered.

"I can't believe she was lying! I didn't take a whole course in psychology and body language for nothing!" Twilight growled.

"We were all shocked by what happened," Rarity assured her.

"Right now we need to focus on finding Sunset. If the Sirens have kidnapped her, there's no telling what they could do." AppleJack swallowed.

"Pinkie, are you okay? You've been awfully quiet." Fluttershy looked over at her.

"Y-yeah. Just worried about Sunset. And sad about Rainbow being a spy. And stressed about this whole Sirens returning thing. And-"

"We get it, darling. We're all worried, which is why we need to find Sunset. One problem at a time." Rarity cut her off swiftly.

"Yeah, but she could be anywhere! This is a reeeaally big city, and we're only five girls!"

"We'll find her. Somehow..." Twilight breathed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow tried not to cry as she jogged down the road, trying to find the Rainbooms. They had been so nice to her, and she had repaid their kindness by stabbing them in the back. Maybe not literally, but she might as well have.

She turned another corner. How could they have gotten so far already? Had she really been sulking on the floor for that long? Then again, this area was like a maze. She could have taken any number of wrong turns away from them.

She tried to picture what Adagio would say right now. "You've ruined everything! Now they know all our plans. You really are pathetic, aren't you?"

That wasn't very reassuring. But then again, her sister had never been the best at pep talks.

"Okay, this is fine. They'll probably hate me, but I can fix this. Maybe I can convince them I'm harmless?"

"Ugh, and then what? Bring them straight to Adagio? She'd be happy that I brought them to her, but furious that I told them everything. And if I do, I'll make the Rainbooms hate me more than anything!"