Chapter 2

Here's chapter 2! Thanks for reading this, and I promise this story will get better as it goes on.

Canterlot High's gym was full of students preparing for the spring fundraiser. Students were painting posters and banners. Everyone was laughing and smiling. But when Sunset Shimmer walked in, it was as if a cloud covered the sun.

Some kids looked at her and whispered to each other. Others turned away. Sunset tried not to notice -- after all, she did hypnotise them.

Sunset walked over to Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo, who were painting a colourful poster. "Would you like some help?" She asked.

Apple Bloom glared at her. "Uh, no thanks." She said coldly. 

"Oh, okay." Sunset said sadly, looking around for a friendly face. That's when she saw Pinkie Pie smiling and waving a huge piece of paper.

"Over here, Sunset!" She yelled.

Sunset skipped over to where Pinkie was working with her friends: AppleJack, Fluttershy, and Rarity.

"I had no idea the entire school would be here." She sighed.

Rarity held up the glimmering poster they had been working on. "Quite the eye catching advertisement, if I do say so myself." She smiled.

"And it smells like cake!" Pinkie grinned.

"It does?" Fluttershy asked.

She leaned over and smelled it. When she pulled her face away, it was covered in frosting.

"I used vanilla frosting instead of glue!" Pinkie giggled, licking her fingers.

Just then,  Principal Celestia walked into the gym. "Good afternoon, students." She said.

The students looked up from their different projects.

"I just wanted to tell you how pleased I am that so many of you are participating in the Canterlot High musical showcase!" She smiled.

"This is an amazing opportunity to raise money for our school, so keep working on those posters. The more people know about the showcase, the better. I feel like it will be the best event we've had since the Fall Formal!"

When she said those words, all the smiles on the teenagers' faces vanished. The Fall Formal had been awful, with the battle, the crazy she-demon, and the zombies. And it was all Sunset Shimmer's fault. Everyone was glaring at her.

Well, not everyone. Rarity and Fluttershy smiled sympathetically. AppleJack winked at her. Pinkie gave her a huge piece of construction paper, but Sunset tried to hide behind it.

"How about we go to practice our new song?" Applejack suggested.

"Okay!" Pinkie said.

'Will anybody ever trust me again?' Sunset wondered as they walked out of the gym.