Chapter 8

Here is chapter 8! 

(Time skip to the part when they are preparing for the final Battle Of The Bands and Trixie locks them under the stage)

The finals were happening soon, and the Rainbooms had a lot to get ready. Everyone was busy, even Spike was helping Pinkie find her missing drumsticks. Which she had used as hair assessories. Everyone was busy, but Fluttershy was trying to figure out why they were allowed into the finals.

"We were terrible, doesn't anyone think it's strange that we got into the finals?" She asked.

A voice from backstage agreed with her. "Very strange indeed."

"What are you doing here, Trixie? I thought you were supposed to be over there in the seats!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"The Great and Powerful Trixie is the most talented girl at CHS! I deserve to be the one performing at the finals!"

"But you didn't get in, so please leave." Rarity said.

"No! Now say goodbye, Rainbooms!" Trixie pulled a lever and a trapdoor opened up. Spike managed to jump onto a speaker, but everyone else fell into the hole.

"See you never!" Trixie sneered. With that, the trapdoor closed and they were trapped inside the stage.

"Told you someone would give them a shove." Adagio said.

"But she didn't shove them. She pulled a lever." Sonata said, confused.

"Idiot." Andante muttered under her breath.

"It was an expression." Aria sneered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Under the stage, it was pitch black. A small hole allowed them to see the seats, which were quickly filling with people. Above them, music was playing. Trixie had taken their spot in the finals. 

"Maybe it doesn't matter that we're trapped here. The counter spell probably wouldn't have worked anyway." Twilight said sadly.

"Of course it would have!  You were working on it for so long!" Pinkie chirped.

Onstage, Trixie and the Illusions had finished their song.

"Try to top that!" She shouted to Adagio.

"Oh no, I don't know if we can." Adagio faked worry. 

Under the stage, Twilight was panicking. "I failed. How can I not know what to do? How can I have failed like this?" 

The other girls were arguing and mad at each other. "I had the most fabulous outfits for us to wear!" Rarity moaned.

"Again with the costumes? Nobody cares what we're wearing!" AppleJack fumed.

"Hey! Anyone remember what fun is? I'll give you a hint. It's the opposite of being in the Rainbooms lately!" Pinkie yelled.

"Well, I'll give you a hint! You. Are. So. Annoying!" Fluttershy shot back.

"Hey!"

"Stop. You have to stop!" Sunset yelled. Everyone looked at her.

"This is what they wanted all along. They wanted you to fight. That's how they're becoming so powerful!" Sunset exclaimed.