Chapter 7

Thanks for all the views! Because all the chapters I wrote so far are just Rainbow Rocks with Andante, I will write 2-3 more chapters like this before time skipping to the part of the story that is after Rainbow Rocks. (The pic above is Andante in siren form)

Meanwhile in Equestria, Twilight was moving into her new castle. It was after the battle with Tirek, and her friends were helping her get settled in. "Wow! Look at all the sparkles!" Pinkie said. 

"This place is so beautiful. You will let me help you decorate, won't you, Twilight?" Rarity asked.

"Of course!" Twilight said. 

Just then, a delivery pony knocked on the door. "Yes?" Twilight called out.

"Excuse me princess, but where should I put all these books from Princess Celestia?" 

"The library. It's down that hall." Twilight answered. 

"All of them? Even the one that is glowing and vibrating?" 

Twilight used her magic and picked up the book. She motioned for the delivery pony to bring the rest of the books to the library. As he left, she opened the book.

"What is it?" Fluttershy asked.

"It looks like a message from Sunset Shimmer to Princess Celestia!" Twilight gasped.

"How is that possible?"Rarity wondered.

"I have no idea, but according to this, they need help!"

Twilight summoned a book and opened it. "From what Sunset said in the letter, these new girls sound a lot like the Sirens!" She exclaimed.

"Not the Sirens!" Pinkie gasped. Then to the other girls, she said "I don't know what that is."

"The Sirens were four beautiful but dangerous creatures who had the power to charm ponies with their music. To maintain this power, they fed on the negativity and distrust of others. The more negative energy they consumed, the stronger their voices became and the farther they could spread their dark magic." Twilight explained. 

"I don't like this story very much." Fluttershy shivered. 

"If the Sirens had gotten their way, they would have divided and conquered all of Equestria. But a certain Star Swirl the Bearded wasn't having it. Rumour has it, he found a way to banish them to another world. One where he believed their magical power would be lost forever." Twilight continued.

"That world must have been where my Canterlot High friends live." Twilight realised. 

"But Star Swirl must have sent them there centuries ago. How come they're back with their power now?" AppleJack asked.

"I don't know, but if these girls really are the Sirens, then this is just the beginning. They won't stop until they've taken over all of the human world. My friends need me!" Twilight said.

"Hate to burst your bubble, Twilight, but the connection is cut off until another thirty moons." Rainbow said.

"Okay! If we were blowing bubbles, why didn't anyone tell me? And if the connection is cut off, then how did Sunset Shimmer send that message to Twilight?" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Pinkie, you're a genius!" Twilight smiled.

"Aww, thanks, Twilight. Now about those bubbles..."

________________________________________________________________________________

Twilight had constructed a contraption connecting the portal mirror to the magic book. She was explaining it to her friends. "...and the interval between the two points is the square root of the sum of the squares of the separation between the points along the three spatial dimensions."

"What does that all mean?"Rainbow asked. 

"Duh, she's going to take the magic in here and put it in here, so she can go back and forth. Back and forth. Back and forth. Back and forth. Back and forth!" Pinkie smiled.

"Now we see if it works." Twilight said. She pulled a lever and stepped back. Almost instantly, the book and portal began to spark, and the portal slowly opened.

"Yes! It worked!" Twilight exclaimed.

"Could we join you this time?" Pinkie asked hopefully.

Twilight shook her head. "Best not to. It would get confusing if there were two of each of you all of a sudden."

"But I still get to go, right?" Spike piped up.

Twilight laughed. "Of course," She said.

"Be careful!" Rarity said.

"We won't be gone too long." Twilight promised. They stepped into the mirror.

At Canterlot High, the Equestria girls were getting tired of waiting. "I don't think she's coming," Rarity said. As soon as the words left her mouth, Twilight and Spike came tumbling out of the portal. 

"Twilight!" All the girls exclaimed.

"I'm back!" Twilight smiled. 

"Any information about those new girls?" Sunset asked.

"I'm afraid so. And none of it is good." Twilight gave her a worried look. Hopefully it wasn't too late.