Chapter 9

Sorry this chapter came out so late! This is not the last chapter, even though this is when the Rainboms 'defeat' the Sirens. (The picture above is Andante's dress for the Battle Of The Bands. The original artwork is below.) (Edit: I've deleted the pictures because I am remaking it)

"But our magic is the magic of friendship! How can they use it?" Pinkie asked.

"Ever since you started this band, you've let little things get to you. I don't know everything about friendship, but if you don't work out even the smallest problems at the start, then this is what happens." Sunset said. 

"I'm terribly sorry, everyone." Fluttershy said.

"I'm sorry too! I guess we should have told each other how we felt early on!" Pinkie exclaimed. 

"Are we all still friends?" AppleJack asked.

"Of course!" Rarity said.

"We need to find a way out of here." Twilight  said.

"But how?" Pinkie asked. As soon as she said that, the door swung open. Standing there was Spike and DJ Pon 3.

"Sorry I took so long, I had to find someone who wasn't under the Dazzlings spell." Spike apologised. 

"Why isn't she under their spell?" Twilight wondered.

"She never takes her headphones off." Spike said.

"But we still have to play a counter spell and stop them!" Pinkie reminded them.

"We can't! It's not ready!" Twilight exclaimed.

"If you don't mind, we could play the song I wrote," Fluttershy said.

"Sure!" Pinkie said.

"Its our only shot." Twilight decided. 

"But where can we play the song so that everyone hears it?" Rarity asked. DJ pointed at a nearby hillside.

"Great. How do we get there?" Twilight said.

"DJ has a car. Could we drive there?" Spike asked. DJ nodded. They all ran towards the parking lot.

As DJ speeded towards the hill, Twilight watched as the sky turned a dark shade of red. Even in the car they could hear the music starting. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile at the stage, the Dazzlings had begun their song

"Ahh, ah-ah, ahhAh, ah-ah, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ahAh, ah-ah, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ahAhh, ah-ah, ah, ah-ahAh-ha, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ahAh-ah-ah-ah-ah"

"Welcome to the show"

"Ah-ah-ah-ah, ah"

"We're here to let you know"

"Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah"

"Our time is now"

"Ah-ah-ah-ah, ah"

"Your time is running out"

"Ah, ah, ah"

"Ah-ha, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ahAh-ah-ah-ah-ah Ah-ha, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ahAh-ah-ah-ah-ah"

"Feel the wave of sound! As it crashes down. You can't turn away! We'll make you wanna sta-a-a-ay"

"We will be adored Tell us that you want us We won't be ignored it's time for our reward"

"Now you need us Come and heed us Nothing can stop us now!"

As they finished that verse, they heard music coming from a hillside nearby. The Rainbooms began to sing

"Oh-oh, oh-whoa-oh I've got the music in me 

Oh-oh, oh-whoa-oh"

"Don't need to hear a crowd Cheering out my name I didn't come here seeking Infamy or fame"

"The one and only thing That I am here to bring Is music, is the music Is the music in my soul"

"Gonna break out (Out!)Set myself free, yeah Let it all go (Go!)Just let it be, yeah"

"Find the music in your heart Let the music make you start To set yourself apart"

 The Dazzlings continued their song

"What we have in store (ah-ah) All we want and more (ah-ah) We will break on through (ah-ah)Now it's time to finish you!"

At that verse, the Sirens music created blasts of red energy that knocked the Rainbooms down. "Sunset, we need you!" Twilight said. Sunset began to sing

"You're never gonna bring me down You're never gonna break this part of me My friends are here to bring me round Not singing just for popularity""We're here to let you know That we won't let it go"

"Our music is a bomb and it's about to blow"

"And you can try to fight But we have got the light of Friendship on our side!"

"Got the music in our hearts We're here to blow this thing apart And together, we will never Be afraid of the dark"

"Here to sing our song out loud Get you dancing with the crowd As the music of our friendship Survives, survives!"

"Got the music in our hearts We're here to blow this thing apart"

"And together, we will never Be afraid of the dark"

"Here to sing our song out loud Get you dancing with the crowd As the music of our friendship Survives, survives, survives!"

As they sang, magic blasted the Dazzlings, completely breaking their spell and stripping them of their magic. 

"Run!" Adagio told her sisters. They ran into the woods behind the stage.
The Rainbooms went onstage, and Sunset picked up the shattered remains of their pendants.

"I guess that explains why these were so important to them," She said.

"Yep, but now it's all good!" Pinkie smiled.

"Without those necklaces, they're perfectly harmless." Twilight said. 

If only she knew how wrong she was about that.