Malfoy Mannor, Grounds [21/10/1196] - Eleria Weasley

Large, perfectly rimmed hedges form a maze around the manor's perimeter. A pristine white peacock cries shrilly. The moon blankets the grounds in light as pure as snow. The manor's shadow – large, wide, foreboding – makes any unseen predators.

Turning as I regain control of my breathing, I hear faint cries and jeers. Lorenzo and Draco must still be putting up a fight. As for Theodore and Mattheo. Only time will tell.

Panting, I continue to escape to the iron gate the provides entrance. As I arrive at my destination, I push loose hairs from my face. A loud shout catches my attention. I face the commotion to see Lorenzo supporting a feeble Draco out of the house.

"Weasel!" Lorenzo's coffee brown eyes filled with the need for assistance.

"Over here!" I start in their direction but then pause. "Enzo!"

Lorenzo's shriek of pain prices the silent night. I watch as he and Draco fall, helplessly, onto the cobble drive. Rage flows through me, surging through my veins. I run at the two fallen boys and pick up Lorenzo's wand ready to fight.

Two go the three cloaked figures from the corridor emerge through the doorway. The third must have been taken down. The duo pause, wands raised, with their gaze on me and my immobile peers.

"Oi!" yells the taller of the pursuer's. "Get back here, girl!"