Great Hall [15/09/1996] - Theodore Nott

By the time dinner rolls by all of my friends and the girls have been questioned by Professor McGonagall. They have been going on about it since then.

"Why would McGonagall ask, why not Snape?" Draco is asking now.

"How would I know?" I say back, to bored of arguing.

"But really, the only way they would know is if someone told McGonagall!" Draco continues, in a slightly to himself tone.

"What do you think, Mattheo?" I ask.

"What?" He asks, looking up from the notebook he was sketching and writing in.

"What do you think about McGonagall's questions?" I ask him again, reinstating the topic.

"I don't know." He says then returns to his notebook.

Whispers of words float over form where the girls sit a little down from us. Words like, 'sneak', 'freak', 'secret keeper', and 'ridiculous' are the only ones I catch.

"Well, what do we have here?" asks an ice-cold male voice.

All – Myself, Draco, and Mattheo – go slightly ridged at hearing it. Mattheo shuts his notebook then grabs his things and stands.

"Nothing that concerns you, brother."

"Really?" asks Tom. "The why did I hear Eleria's name get mentioned?"

"Stay out of it, Tom." Says Mattheo, slightly protectively.

"Now, now. Don't tell me you like the Blood Traitor, little brother."

Mattheo, who knows when to walk away, turns saying, "I'm going to see, Berkshire."

After a little bit Draco and I stand and follow Mattheo's discarded path. Not acknowledging Tom once.