Great Hall [16/10/1996] - Tom Riddle

The morning sun cast shadows over the expanse dining tables. Breakfast – Eggs and Toast, Beans and Sausages, along with more – sits laid out upon the tables surface. A handful of students sit scattered across the four house tables.

Laughter and cries of joy fill the room around me. I, however, are not excited. For Father has set me a task.

I chose not to confined in my brother. Deflect questions and worries.

"Good morning, Tom." Say's a girls voice, in front of me.

I look up and take in the figures appearance. Ginger hair parted half up-half down cascades down onto the black and green Slytherin robes. Soft blue eyes, that look like they contain a blizzard, met my own cold, black eyes.

In my head I swear, Shit. But I greet my companion with, "Good morning to you too, Eleria."

"How has school been so far for you?" She asks.

"It has been alright. How about you?" I reply.

"The same, I guess. Just a little harder pushed. But, hey, I guess that is one of the consequences of starting late."

"Yes. I suppose."

"Okay. Well I do hope not to sound rude, but I have to make sparce of myself as my next class is Herbology."

"It is alight."

"Well then. See you around."

"Goodbye."

As she turns out of the hall, I am slightly glad. The cheerfulness and kindness I just experienced will be gone the moment I complete my task.