Hogwarts Courtyard [25/09/1996] - Draco Malfoy

All of my friends and I are sitting under the main tree if the courtyard. Lorenzo and Theodore are talking about Quidditch. Mattheo is drawing and writing. Pansy and Daphine are talking about girl stuff. And I am watching Daphine's younger sister, Astoria, who is sitting at the opposite end of the court.

"Who you looking at, cousin?" asks a voice, which for a second, I mistake for Mattheo's.

Looking up I make eye contact with Mattheo's older brother, Tom. "No on who concerns you, Tom."

"Come now, Draco, No need to be so defensive."

"Whatever, Tom." I say then turn to my other cousin. "What are you drawing, Mattheo?"

"Huh? Oh, just creatures Lupin taught back in the third year."

"Nice. You writing about them too?"

Mattheo, who must have noticed the need for small talk, replies, "Yeah. Just some small notes though."

Tom, understanding the dismissal, turns and walks away. He then pauses.

Wondering what caused him to halt, I stand and start in his direction. Raised voices come to my attention.

"You bloody idiot!"

"What the hell, Ronald! I already have to deal with a lot more bullshit than you realise!"

"Oh, come on, Eleria. Stop being such a stereotypical slut of a girl and go join your stupid friends!"

"Ronald!" Eleria screams, pained.

I turn towards where the others ware and see them all heading towards the commotion.

"Go on then. Run along to your entitled friends." Ronald says, a form of enjoyment in his tone and eyes.

"Seriously Ronald?" Eleria sakes, on the verge of tears. She looks seriously pained and betrayed by what her brother says. "You and I both know I haven't got any friends! And forgive me for wanting to be included in my twin brothers life!"

After saying this, I notice tears start to spill form her pale blue eyes.

"Eleria." Says Mattheo, who is now standing next to me.

She looks at him, smiles slightly still fighting tears, then runs.

As Eleria runs away, Theodore yells, "The hell was that about Weaselbe?"

"None of your fucking business, Nott!" Ronald returns, thenhe too stalks away from the courtyard.