Ch 50: Forever At Your Side

On another bright morning I hear Yang calling after me. I remain in place leaning against a tree and staring blankly in the distance until I hear her footsteps approaching.

"What are you doing standing out here? I thought you were some creep for a moment." She chuckles, grinning brightly.

I take a moment to ensure she's really there before responding.

"Oh you know, just standing here staring through your windows from a distance," I answer casually, readjusting my stance.

"You perv!" She gasps, covering her chest with her arm and raising a leg to cover her lower half, "If you wanted to watch me change you could have just asked," She smirked coquettishly.

"And be forced to strip in exchange?" I cross my arms and cover my body in the same way as her, "I know you would ask that in the name of fairness and I could never allow my body to be sullied like that," I huff theatrically.

She drops her arms and lowers her head, "Oh come on, please? I've shown you mine why won't you show me yours?" She gestures to her abs revealed to me by her orange crop top.

I remain unimpressed, "Cause mine are far superior," I sniff haughtily, "Besides, you've already seen them before."

"I have?" Yang drops all the prefaces of her teasing to appear genuinely confused, "I'm pretty sure I'd remember if I did."

I sigh before explaining the scene.

"I fell into a one week coma after a battle with Torchwick in his mech and the four of you barged into my room while I was changing. I remember you taking a particularly large eyeful at the time." I say flatly as I tap my foot and look down at her.

A dawn of realization falls on her face, "Oh yeaaaaaah, all of us were so scared thinking you died," She smiles sadly for just a second then puts on another hungry smirk, "And I'd have done a lot more than just look if you didn't send me away with a door," She announces shamelessly.

"And what exactly did a virgin like you plan on doing?" I smirk back, leaning forward a tiny bit.

She remains undeterred by my insult and grins right back, "I could explain in great detail the things I would have done."

It would appear my help in tempering her emotions has backfired on me. Time to abort!

"So what is it you want to show me?" I ask, leaning back and pretending we weren't just playing a dangerous game of hot potato.

She clicks her tongue in dissatisfaction, but can't help the tone of curiosity in her voice as she asks, "How did you know I wanted to show you something?" 

I use both hands to stretch open my eyes as I say, "I'm always watching you Yang, Oooooooh~" and waggle my outstretched fingers.

She rolls her eyes and holds back a laugh as she shakes her head. 

"You're not a very good ghost if I'm the one who surprises you when I find you first. Now follow me, Casper, I gotta show you this," She says, already walking away.

"We're using nicknames again are we?" I quickly catch up to her with a door, "Alright Wildfire, let's see what's got you so excited."

We take a short jaunt around her house until we arrive at a piece of cardboard underneath some shade provided by a tree.

"What do you think?" She asks, smiling proudly at her work.

I look down at her prosthetic arm and bracer which have been spray painted a bright yellow and on the back of her hand is a black flame decal. Looking at the amount of cans and tape scattered around it's clear Yang took a lot of time to only spray the parts she wanted to rather than just make the whole thing yellow.