Ch 11) Acquaintance Or Adversary

Bright red leaves, bright red grass, bright red everything really. It's like someone dumped a bucket of red paint all over the forest.

I've only ever seen one other place like this, and I hope this crimson forest didn't become this way like the one back home. Nasty carnivorous plants, all of them, from the innocent flowers to the grass that covers the landscape of the forest, I hope I don't encounter any of them here.

"Just curious, but this place doesn't have man eating plants right?" I ask just in case.

Ruby turns to me worriedly, a quick change from her awe-filled expression a moment ago. "Does it?" 

My brows furrow as I look at the grass beneath my feet in fear of having my blood sucked till there's nothing left.

"Yes students, the forest of forever fall is indeed beautiful. But, we are not here to sightsee." The professor I've dubbed S&M lady calls from the front of the group.

I jot down a few things in my notebook/journal as I half listen to her speak.

"Professor Peach has asked all of you to collect samples from the trees deep inside the forest, while I make sure that none of you die in the process." 

"What exactly is going to try and kill us here?" I question, still wary of every leafy red around me.

"Grimm of course." She answers simply, neither confirming nor denying the existence of possibly bloodthirsty murder plants. "Each of you are to collect one jar's worth of red sap. However, this forest is filled with the creatures of Grimm as I mentioned previously, so be sure to stick close to your teammates."

Both me and Ruby glance at each other worriedly with the same thought in mind, and fear of plants.

"We will rendevous back here at four o'clock, have fun." Our professor nods to us, providing us with no protection like ultra weed killer spray.

"G-Guys, wait up!" Ruby chases after our team that begins to walk away, blissfully unaware of the possibility of becoming plant food for the forest.

Before I make my hasty teleport to the group, I notice Pyrrha looking off towards Jaune, who was carrying jars and a box of what I believe to be wasps as he followed Cardin.

"I know you want to break his legs, but if the teacher catches you you're screwed Magneto," I warn her as I approach.

She quickly snaps her to face me out of surprise but she quickly calms down and forces a smile on her face.

"Hello Neir."

She sighs and focuses her gaze back on Haune, who continues to walk in the opposite direction of his team. While she stares at him I spot a suspiciously pretty flower and subtly prepare my taser if I have to burn it to a crisp. 

"Are you sure we can let Cardin keep getting away from this?" She asks me with a frown on her face.

I swear I just saw that flower move.

"Well uh, you're free to break his legs whenever you want, I don't mind watching," 

"Seriously Neir, I think the bullying is getting worse." Her frown deepens.

I finally tear my eyes off the intimidatingly standard flower and address the distressed Pyrrha.

"Of course it's getting worse Magneto," I scoff with a chuckle. "This whole thing was a snowball since the top of the mountain, but when it finally lands it'll leave a pretty large base for Jaune to build on." 

Pyrrha just sighs again, a reluctant nod telling me she understands my strange metaphor.

"I just hope it works out in the end."