Ch 2) New Kids On The Block

The rest of the ride later and some friendly chatter, we've finally reached Beacon Academy and it looks just as illustrious as I was expecting it to be.

"We're here! We're here!" An excited, albeit nervous girl in red exclaims as we dock.

I grimace as the puking boy from earlier runs past me and toward the nearest trash can.

"Oh look, someone's more excited to leave the ship than Red." 

To my right Yang makes a disgusted groan as she walks ahead. "Yuck, let's get out of here already."

"W-Wait up!" Ruby runs over to her sister, leaving me behind.

Not bothering to run, I start walking towards the pair who've gotten ahead of me and pass by regurgitation boy, holding my breath as I do so.

I catch up to the siblings as Ruby flutters in the air with a starry gaze similar to the one she had with the huntress.

"Look! That kid over there has a great sword. Oh! And that person over there has a crazy looking halberd!" She exclaims, almost floating towards them.

Luckily, Yang grabs her by the back of her hoodie before she completely flies away. 

"Ow, ow, you're grabbing too hard." Ruby whines.

"Down girl, they're just weapons. Right Neir?" Yang raises a brow at me.

"They're not just weapons!" Ruby interjects, defending the inanimate objects before I can, "They're like an extension of ourself-" But her rant is quickly silenced by her sister, said sister urging me to help her calm her down.

"Sorry Sunshine, but I agree with Red here." 

Yang let's put a deep sigh and rolls her eyes while Ruby looks at me like she's found a long lost brother.

Seeing her look, I decide to elaborate with my thoughts. "I mean, such sophisticated weaponry must have taken a vast amount research to even make of a logically sound blueprint, not to mention the amount of adept skill in craftsmanship needed to actually put the blueprint together. The creation of each and every one of these weapons is an enigmatic mystery. It's quite fascinating really, so I say the appreciation is well deserved." 

The two sisters look at me as if I just spoke a foreign language.

With a sigh, I simplify my thought process.

"Weapons cool, me likey."

Their mouths open into an 'O' in understanding.

Ruby snaps her head toward Yang with an excited smile, "See?! I'm not the only one!" She exclaims with both hands aimed at me enthusiastically.

"Great, another weapons freak. And here I was beginning to like you." Yang sighs disappointedly.

"Give it some time, I'm sure you'll start doing so again soon," I state with confidence.

Yang shakes her head and lets out a chuckle. "Anyways, you've got your own weapon. Aren't you happy with it?" She asks her sister.

Ruby suddenly pulls out a rectangular shaped piece of metal that even more suddenly unfolds into the scythe/gun hybrid from before. Watching the full process of the transformation only makes me more intrigued by it.

"Of course I'm happy with Crescent Rose." Ruby says, cradling her precious weapon.

I examine her red scythe sniper hybrid before giving it a nod of approval. "The name fits quite well."

"Thanks." She smiles brightly at me, then turns back to her sister. "I just like seeing new weapons. It's like meeting new people...but better." Her smile turns upside down as her eyes glance downwards.