Ch 19) We All Make Mistakes

No one's POV

"What do you want?" A person asks, looking away from their computer.

"Nothing much." They shrug. "Just you L.C." They wink, one hand on the desk as they lean over the other person whose nickname is L.C.

The person at the laptop sighs. "You're persistent, a trait I both despise and admire. But your games are starting to get annoying." They narrow their eyes.

"Games? Oh, you wound me with your words." They clutch their chest dramatically. "But I am being serious though." They chuckle.

"Mhmm." They nod absentmindedly as they close their laptop.

"I am!" They exclaim with a laugh. "C'mon L.C, we're friends, right? Can't you do me a favour and just...humour me for one night?"

The other person sighs and stands up, facing down their pursuer with cold eyes. Said pursuer continues to give their million dollar smile in hopes it's enough to change their mind.

"Fine." They finally concede.

"Damn, guess I'll- w-wait what?!" They stammer.

"It'll make for good reference material." L.C explains.

They blink a few times to process this before breaking into a chuckle. "I should have guessed that much. Well, a date's a date."

"And you'll owe me a favour too, and I have what you said recorded so don't try to deny it." L.C warns, waving a voice recorder in front of their face.

"How the hell did I fall for a guy like you L.C." They sigh longingly.

"I don't know, and quite frankly, I wish you hadn't. But having a girl around can prove valuable as a test subject." He muses.

"Is that all you see me as?" She pouts coyly.

"Don't worry, I'll only run certain...tests on you." He reassures her, not answering her question.

"Liiiiike?"

Before she can blink, he acts by grabbing her wrist. But being a veteran combatant, her body reacts on instinct and spins to twist out of his grip.

Unfortunately for her, the boy is even more experienced than her and kicks her feet out from under her, making her fall backwards onto the desk.

Her eyes shut on impact for a brief moment, and open to find L.C right on top of her, pinning her down with one hand slammed right next to her head.

He leans his over her face, leaving only a few inches of space between them and gazes directly into her eye dangerously.

"Like this." He murmurs, inching his mouth closer to hers as he speaks.

The world spins in her eyes at the sudden development, but she indulges in the feeling and lets herself go.

The girl closes her eyes again, awaiting a kiss. But it never happens, and when she opens her eyes she finds him typing into his laptop.

"Wh-What kind of test was that?" She asks as she sits up frowning.

"I was testing how effective the moves from my other research material were." He explains simply. "Since you're blushing and your heart rate has increased by quite a bit, it means it worked as intended." He continues to record his results onto his computer.