Ch 30) Evening Memories

The campus is large enough to fit hundreds maybe even thousands of students from all four kingdoms as well as enough stalls for food and games for them all. Maybe it was luck, maybe it was my subconscious guiding me, but the fact that I'm able to spy four familiar backs sitting at a noodle shop  saves me an incredible amount of time.

As I get closer I see them all receiving comically large bowls filled to the brim with noodles, save for Blake with a comically large bowl full of fish.

It's times like this that make me wish I could still see into the future, it would come in really handy just about now. I don't know how they'll react to my return, and from my poorly executed farewell, I'm conscious of the fact that there's going to be a high chance that this will get messy.

"What? How could my card be declined? I was barely into my monthly allowance." I hear Weiss mumble to herself as she slouches.

I watch as Blake tries to sneakily grab her bowl, and being the only one who has their food taken away from them. She slumps forward onto the counter with dead eyes as though she watched her everything get taken from her.

Now then, which to use for my appearance?

"Wow, the Heiress is out of cash? What, you get cut off by your family or something?" I quip, walking up to the group as they all snap their head to me. I casually take a seat on the side and grab my wallet from a door in my pocket. "Never thought I'd see the day I pay for the Heiress herself." I chuckle as I hand the store owner far more than enough to pay for their food.

I spin around on my seat then plant my elbow on the counter, resting my cheek on my fist as I face the three shocked and confused expressions. Three because there's Blake who wears a soft smile like she's been expecting this.

"Hmm? No thanks, I'm not a big eater." I smile at the store owner, my eyes lighting up in realization. "Hey wait a minute, I remember you, From Dust Till Dawn Right?"

The old man squints his squinted eyes at me, then leans back looking surprised and very pleased to see me.

"Yeah, you do remember me!" I laugh.

He hands back my money nodding, likely remembering when I had left him a good amount of money after he was robbed.

"Ah don't worry about that," I decline the cash, as I really do have more than I know what to do with. "I'm just happy to see that you've landed on your feet."

After insisting I take back my money, I eventually relent and put it back in my wallet.

I turn to the four again, three of the four still staring at me in shocked silence and the fourth enjoying her fish.

"Your food's gonna get cold y'know." 

Weiss is the first to open her mouth. "How can you just...act like-"

"NEIR!" And Ruby is the first to tackle me to the ground using her semblance, wrapping her arms around my body.

I let out a cough upon impact and laugh a little. "You'd think I'd be used to you tackling me by now. I wasn't even trying to jump off a building this time." I chuckle lightly.

Ruby lift herself off of me just enough to look at my face. "Did you see us on the screen? Did you witness our awesomeness? That's how you found us right? How have you been?" She asks rapidly, making a bunch of weird gestures in the process.

From my spot lying beneath her I raise a hand to get her to stop. "Listen 'Normal Knees', you're making a scene right now." I inform her.

She look up and around us and flusters under the number of students watching us strangely. With flushed cheeks, she jumps off of me and stands to the side, giving me space to get up.